MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Thank you for citing 2 movies out of millions that have an almost completely non-white cast. And inadvertently proving my point.

It has been a good while that the African American (mostly out of talent/interest/building of industry/leaders in that sector of activities) population has been over-represented in medias, in tv/ads/sport/music obviously but even in movies now:

https://assets.uscannenberg.org/docs/inequality-in-1100-popular-films.pdf

From 2007-2017, 12.1% of the speaked roles were played by black actor, a bit more than their share of the USA/Canada/UK/Australia main talent pool/place movies are shot and story occur. Woman and Hispanic are the underrepresented class in recent history.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tarintino said:

LMAO at you ignoring my other reply because it demonstrated the gaping gaps in your knowledge of history. Move on to the next thing I guess

lmao I legit minored in American History in college.I'm very confident in my knowledge of history. I just didn't feel like arguing with someone who probably wasn't going to change their mind and cluttering up this thread. DM me if you care that much, I'll happily debate you there. But yes, moving on to the next thing lol. 

And so you admit you've only seen Get Out?? 

Edited by ban1o

50 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lmao I legit minored in American History in college.I'm very confident in my knowledge of history. I just didn't feel like arguing with someone who probably wasn't going to change their mind and cluttering up this thread. DM me if you care that much, I'll happily debate you there. But yes, moving on to the next thing lol. 

And so you admit you've only seen Get Out?? 

Then surely you would have known about the blockade on Japan? 

I watched Us too but that's it admittedly. I remember the white family was just made to be unlikable to the point where their killings were more fun than anything, not like I cared as it's just a movie and seemed like payback for all those older horros where the black guy was always first to die.

I thought Get out was one of the best horrors I've seen but I found Us stretched the believablility of the plot too much just to turn it into a metaphor. The acting and some of the shots were top notch though but it was massively hyped so i was left disapppointed. I never cared to watch Candyman as the pandemic has just left me watching less films in general and I never cared for Biggie Smalls

But yeah I agree we should have a nice cold pint and move on. Have one on me

33 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Does every role need to be played by some “name” actor? Some of these people will likely only have 2 or 3 lines in the end 

Nolan is gonna keep coming with all these announcements

On 3/16/2022 at 3:28 PM, Ozymandias said:

Is Nolan using a real bomb for the Trinity New Mexico test?

Gotta go as practical as much as possible. I expect Papa Nolan to massacre a few thousand people in the 3rd act. No cgi here.

• Haha 1