titanic2187

Ghostbusters 2021 weekend Nov 19-21: Afterlife $44M OW | E: $10.8m | RD: $8.1m

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

15-15.5 for now
4.6-4.7
3.6-3.8
2-2.1

Not a huge Sat bump, but pretty good. 41-43ish, 9-9.5 IM, fine debut.     

Eternals 10.7 as expected

Clifford 8ish, slightly soft Sat but pretty normal

Not sure exactly what to expect for Richard Sun drop. Probably mid 30s, for 5.3ish? Just as expected from fri, normal Sat

Dune 3M, also just as expected, normal F

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Also think the Sunday drop will be pretty small as most schools are out for the week already.  

Yeah there’s a definite effect on pre-thanksgiving week Sun. I have been using about 5%, but unclear what the baseline should be. In a very optimistic case:  

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Watched King Richard, the acting by literally everyone is top notch. Unless Will Smith ends up having crazy allegations and stuff come out against him, this Oscar race is done.

Are there rumours of allegations? Or is this just speculation?

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Are there rumours of allegations? Or is this just speculation?

I don't have a source, but I saw a brief scare on Reddit where people thought Will Smith was an anti-vaxxer. The rumor circulated because people noticed that the set of Emancipation (upcoming slavery thriller starring Smith) postponed filming after people tested positive. This news coincided with rumors that "one of the big actor contenders and/or one of the big supporting actress contenders would soon be exposed as anti-vax."

Will Smith then scheduled to attend a panel at a convention sometime in the future, which meant Smith likely had to get vaccinated to prepare at the panel, thus debunking the rumor.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 hours ago, Flopped said:

Nerdy white men control the RT and IMDB scores. Look at the IMDB top 50. It's all movies white college boys worship with posters on their walls. 

hahahaha Interstellar is #27 holy shit

I dug that movie but come on

9 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

How is Dune seen as a success with a 40m opening and a 165m budget and a bajillion stars, but Ghostbusters is a disappointment with a 40m opening and a 75m budget and no real stars? Dune’s HBO Max numbers couldn’t have even been that great considering we didn’t get a fawning press release about it

Because Ghostbusters is a mediocre franchise that has somehow become nothing but a political volleyball for moron culture warriors on the internet to spike each other with, thats why.  Can't wait for the next one!

JCsBJhJ.png

3AjXw9y.png

6 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

My heart sinks for these dramas. I love blockbusters as much as the next guy but I don't want the theaters full of them. A Disney every week becomes numbing. You don't want fast food every night! Some of my favorite memories have been sitting in a dark theater and crowd while an original drama or comedy makes 100 strangers gasp or cry. That word of mouth is electrifying. 

See King Richard, Cmon Cmon, Gucci, West Side Story, Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley while you can before it's too late.

Some of the best theatrical experiences with an audience I've had in the last 10 years were easily Django Unchained, Gone Girl, and Fury Road... especially Django, I'll never forget that one.  Those movies were just fucking brilliant. 

In a not too distant future those types of movies only be exclusive streaming releases.  But hey, the next Spiderman movie will have 3 Spidermans in it so it will be 3 times as good!

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is the Matt Damon crypto ad really playing in front of every movie now? Just had it play in front of 3 movies in a row during previews.

What's most baffling is that they place it in the middle of the trailer run. If it was sandwiched into Maria Menounos' show that's understandable, but you're telling me I have to see this shit inbetween the trailers? When I'm already watching 25 minutes of previews for movies I'll never watch? The jackassery!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eric Venkman said:

What's most baffling is that they place it in the middle of the trailer run. If it was sandwiched into Maria Menounos' show that's understandable, but you're telling me I have to see this shit inbetween the trailers? When I'm already watching 25 minutes of previews for movies I'll never watch? The jackassery!

With reserved seating, you don't have to show up super early to get a good seat, so they have to get eyeballs on those in-theater ads somehow, otherwise the advertisers won't pay as much. It is annoying, much like the mini-trailers before trailers that exist just to get around the skip button on YouTube.