Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

Bow down to king Sony.  Morbius coming to dominate the BO next 

Spidey has little bearing on the success of Morbius. Sony distributes, yes, but this was an MCU production, the terms of their deal make that very clear. Morbius is just plain Sony, and based on the quality of the Venom films (as much as I do enjoy them), I'm not holding my breath. I'm open to changing my mind, but it will take some good live-action Sonyverse films for me to forgive them of their past offences lol

In any case, I am really excited to see what this film does in the December slot. Yes its Covid, but its also an amazing release date. Always wanted to see what Endgame could have done in the Christmas-New Years corridor (and with a barren January to look forward to)

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Spidey has little bearing on the success of Morbius. Sony distributes, yes, but this was an MCU production, the terms of their deal make that very clear. Morbius is just plain Sony, and based on the quality of the Venom films (as much as I do enjoy them), I'm not holding my breath. I'm open to changing my mind, but it will take some good live-action Sonyverse films for me to forgive them of their past offences lol

In any case, I am really excited to see what this film does in the December slot. Yes its Covid, but its also an amazing release date. Always wanted to see what Endgame could have done in the Christmas-New Years corridor (and with a barren January to look forward to)

I was mostly just referencing that Sony now has there name attached to the two biggest movies of 2021 and will start 2022 another movie likely to generate a solid profit in morbius (apparently the budget is small)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I was mostly just referencing that Sony now has there name attached to the two biggest movies of 2021 and will start 2022 another movie likely to generate a solid profit in morbius (apparently the budget is small)

I mean technically Shang Chi still made more than Venom.

3 minutes ago, Momori said:

Ireland doesnt have a lockdown only a curfew i think and as for uk a lockdown is likely but not guarantee as for the rest of the markets mentioned in the post , these markets are minors and will be probably open by jan.

• Like 1

I wonder how many people under the age of 20 watching (and way more excited than I am for) the new Spiderman have even seen the Raimi films. Spoke to a bunch of people here in college and I dont know a single person who has. They only know the memes.

Edited by lorddemaxus

17 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

First I've heard of us shutting down. Will probably cause more violent anger than it saves from covid this time

As the follow up tweet says , the closure isnt a certainty but only a possibility and the article that started all of this still said, that pr will go with more lighter restrictions probably.

30 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

First I've heard of us shutting down. Will probably cause more violent anger than it saves from covid this time

I actually moved out of London for this very reason. I think civil unrest is extremely likely if they try this, and perhaps even if they don't. People are suffering.