Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

I know it's tradition to have a Transformers movie in June but this wasn't a good date at all for this. I think if Paramount really wanted June, they should have given this a 6/23 release with maybe a 5-day OW to boost numbers.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I know it's tradition to have a Transformers movie in June but this wasn't a good date at all for this. I think if Paramount really wanted June, they should have given this a 6/23 release with maybe a 5-day OW to boost numbers.

I mean hindsight is 20/20, 6/23 would have sandwiched between The Flash and IJ5 and Paramount had no way to tell reviews would be decent/poor for those 2

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

It appears Quorum is saying 30-35m for Oppenheimer saying low awareness. I am not buying Quorum numbers that much. Its not yet proved its mettle. Based on early presales and amount of trailer views I dont see any issues with Awareness plus I already see tv spots for this movie. 

On top of that limited shows listed have robust presales. Let us see how things go. I wont be there to track for key part of its release and not sure I will be back by its release. But hopefully @ZackM will post updates on it along with Indy 5, Flash, MI7 and Barbie 🙂

On top of that, I noticed over 400k likes for the main Youtube trailer. This is good, right?

Think it'll open to at least 40m though I'm not sold on 50m yet. That could take it to 150m with good reviews/WOM.

Edited by MrPink

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If The Flash doesn't do it, are we even going to have another 70M+ opener this summer?

Indy 5, probably, unsure how high it will actually be but I'm pretty convinced on it being above 70-75M.

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Are you not counting MI because it's opening over 5 days?

Correct but even in a 3 day opening I'm not sure it'd hit 70 with current buzz.

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

Indy 5, probably, unsure how high it will actually be but I'm pretty convinced on it being above 70-75M.

Indy can still do it but it needs to save face and rebuild momentum. Rn I'm thinking 60M or so.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Even then it might not matter much since female centric blockbusters are the most review proof generally. 

Hey bud still think Rise of The Beasts is going sub-200 worldwide?

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If The Flash doesn't do it, are we even going to have another 70M+ opener this summer?

I suspect Indy and MI will get there. But that will be it until Nov

• Like 1