Eric is Anxious

Weekend Thread (3/18-20) | Weekend Actuals: Batman 36.7, Jujutsu Kaisen 17.7, Uncharted 7.8, X 4.4, Dog 4

Thinking 23m for Lost City, 44m for Morbius, 67m for Sonic (breakout incoming), and low 40s for Fantastic Beasts as the inevitable B.A.2 wave starts to really hit that weekend based on Europe's numbers.

• Sad 1

X's numbers are solid all things considered. An indie horror movie with a tawdry premise was always going to be really limited in appeal, good reviews notwithstanding. Too bad about The Outfit though, as unsurprisingly poor as its numbers are.

Really strong holds again this weekend. The Batman will be around or over $300M by the end of Sunday and still on track for $400M+, Uncharted is gonna finish between $140-150M, Dog will hit $60M+, Death on the Nile will make $45M+. All good signs for the busy weeks ahead.

27 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Thinking 23m for Lost City, 44m for Morbius, 67m for Sonic (breakout incoming), and low 40s for Fantastic Beasts as the inevitable B.A.2 wave starts to really hit that weekend based on Europe's numbers.

Famous last words, but do these variants really matter anymore domestically? I feel most people have given up or don’t care about COVID anymore, even the most stalwart, masked everywhere people. Shang-Chi and Scream arguably only got shaved like 5-10% when they were at the peak of these variants, and we’re getting into warmer weather. We might have a few delays/streaming shifts, but those will probably be more on propping up their services/studio disinterest in theatrical/production delays kind of deals than anything to do with COVID.

Whether or not that is a good thing is up to you of course. 

• Like 3

BA2 will definitely reach US by next month, but honestly i doubt it will matter at this point.

Nobody cares anymore (sadly), 1M daily cases in December didn't stop NWH of debut with 260M, nothing was closed 

Now it will probably be even more cases, but i bet everything will still be open and the impact won't be different than it is now.

OT: excellent for Batman

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nah, lockdowns and restrictions for countries as vaccined up as the majority of the west - those days are done. 
besides, the figures are expected to plummet just as soon as they’ve peaked. 

• Like 1

Don't sense breakout numbers for Sonic 2? I mean it's possible. 

And if Fantastic Beasts 3 does $100M, there is your proof of the existence of God.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Thinking 23m for Lost City, 44m for Morbius, 67m for Sonic (breakout incoming), and low 40s for Fantastic Beasts.

28/94 for Lost City

62/140 for Morbius

60/201 for Sonic

53/153 for Fantastic Beasts

edit: I added Dom totals now

Edited by Grebacio
I added Dom totals now

Thinking 23m for Lost City

I think more. This feels like the one that women have been waiting for, and guys won't mind tagging along. And obviously it will drop, but it's sitting at a 100 on RT with 19 reviews.