Eric Prime

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | March 22, 2024

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jason Reitman is making that SNL movie that'll presumably come out by the end of the year. Pretty sure no one can blame him for jumping ship from a franchise that clearly has a ceiling as to how much interest is actually there for it.

He was smart to go off and make another film. 

29 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I just found out right now today that jason reitman didn't direct this. huh.

Me too. Oh he did the Poltergeist remake. 

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess because people complained about how unfunny the reboot was, so Sony decided to stray as far away from it as possible? 

Let’s not try to spin this critical response to being the fault of a film that was released 8 years ago lol 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess because people complained about how unfunny the reboot was, so Sony decided to stray as far away from it as possible? 

Yep. They overcorrected but they went way too far away from the basic premise

35 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

I think we should outlaw future Ghostbusters movies.

We should not outlaw Ghostbusters cartoons. The Real Ghostbusters was rad as hell (at least prior to the Dave Coulier seasons), and it’s weird the franchise stopped doing cartoons. Did Extreme Ghostbusters just do that badly in the ratings?

3 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

We should not outlaw Ghostbusters cartoons. The Real Ghostbusters was rad as hell (at least prior to the Dave Coulier seasons), and it’s weird the franchise stopped doing cartoons. Did Extreme Ghostbusters just do that badly in the ratings?

No idea, but it's become a bit of a cult classic because people really wanna fuck the goth girl.

Wasn't there an animated movie announced at some point?

The reviews were never going to deter me from seeing it in a theater, but I agree with everyone else now finally and say that those undecided parties are going to hold off on buying a ticket for this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

The reviews were never going to deter me from seeing it in a theater, but I agree with everyone else now finally and say that those undecided parties are going to hold off on buying a ticket for this.

I'm among them. I have no attachment towards the brand at all, and was waiting on reviews to decide if I want to see this or not. Now I know to save my money for the far better movie out the week after.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

No idea, but it's become a bit of a cult classic because people really wanna fuck the goth girl.

Wasn't there an animated movie announced at some point?

Extreme Ghostbusters was actually my first exposure to Ghostbusters as a whole. I remember in the early episodes they didn't even show the original Ghostbusters clearly, must have been some rights issues because the lengths they went to imply the original team versus actually showing their names and likeness was crazy. Then after like 20+ episodes, they team up with the original Ghostbusters, so I'm guessing things got resolved.

I remember watching it after school, shocked to see it only lasted 40 episodes.

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Extreme Ghostbusters was actually my first exposure to Ghostbusters as a whole. I remember in the early episodes they didn't even show the original Ghostbusters clearly, must have been some rights issues because the lengths they went to imply the original team versus actually showing their names and likeness was crazy. Then after like 20+ episodes, they team up with the original Ghostbusters, so I'm guessing things got resolved.

I remember watching it after school, shocked to see it only lasted 40 episodes.

ha ha me too. I was actually shocked when I first watched the movie soon after and found out those weren’t the “real” Ghostbusters

same company also made pretty awesome animated series for Men in Black and Godzilla 1998

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Me too. Oh he did the Poltergeist remake. 

Let’s not try to spin this critical response to being the fault of a film that was released 8 years ago lol 

I was spinning it as Sony’s fault for trying their best to downplay the comedy. 

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Now I know to save my money for the far better movie out the week after.

Ive been saving a lot of money for that as well.

• Like 1

Oh dear…

Downplaying the comedy is the dumbest thing they ever did with these last two movies. Not saying it should be as OTT with the comedy as the 2016 film, but the original Ghostbusters is a genuinely funny comedy first, horror second. There’s a happy middle ground that GB1 and 2 hit perfectly, but they’ve failed to recapture that tone ever since.

Reading the meltdowns on the ghostbusters subreddit and it’s striking how much they act like superhero fanboys. Because, I suppose, that’s essentially what sony has turned the franchise into: an earnest action film rather than a silly comedy 

Edited by Hatebox