BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's not, I bow to King Eric.  He's trying to goad me today into getting a warning/ban.  

All done taking the bait!

I think you need a break from this place. Frankly, between here and a friend of mine going crazy with how DS2 is such a trainwreck box office wise (despite my 1.000 explanations of why it isn't), I think I need to get a breath of fresh air before Top Gun comes around in 2 weeks. That is gonna be a great weekend. I can feel it. Even if DS2 ends up at 900M+ WW that is still the 2nd biggest pandemic release, and this one doesn't have neither China or Russia.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

1) NWH

2) Endgame

3) Infinity War

That is it, that is the rank!

Black Panther

Guardians 2

Ragnarok

I don’t think I’ve given a massive team up movie higher than a 4/5, and these top ones are all 4.5/5 and I don’t think any massive team up has been as good as the first Avengers.

Edited by YourMother

15 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Guys lets make this thread a happy place.

We have a bullet-proof method for that as well: Rankings!

How about your personal favourite Top 3 MCU movies?

Mine are:

1) Infinity War

2) Thor: Ragnarok
3) Spider-Man: No Way Home

1. spider-man (2002)

2. spider-man 2 (2004)

3. spider-man 3 (2007)

i love the multiverse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

1. Morbius

2. El Muerto

3. Madame Webb

Staring Jared Leto GIF by MorbiusMovie

I actually watched Morbius yesterday. It's somehow more of a trainwreck than expected while being much less of a "So bad it's good" movie. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think you need a break from this place. Frankly, between here and a friend of mine going crazy with how DS2 is such a trainwreck box office wise (despite my 1.000 explanations of why it isn't), I think I need to get a breath of fresh air before Top Gun comes around in 2 weeks. That is gonna be a great weekend. I can feel it. Even if DS2 ends up at 900M+ WW that is still the 2nd biggest pandemic release, and this one doesn't have neither China or Russia.

Im at a point where im nearly half as hyped for Top Guns OW as i am for Dominions.

Meaning i absolutely cant wait. Hoping for an epic Memorial Day weekend to follow.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im at a point where im nearly half as hyped for Top Guns OW as i am for Dominions.

Meaning i absolutely cant wait. Hoping for an epic Memorial Day weekend to follow.

Same. The person most excited for top gun that I know is my grandmother. She hardly ever goes to the movies (last time she did was in 2018) and she’s more excited for this movie than I’ve ever seen her. She brings it up almost every time we talk

2 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Same. The person most excited for top gun that I know is my grandmother. She hardly ever goes to the movies (last time she did was in 2018) and she’s more excited for this movie than I’ve ever seen her. She brings it up almost every time we talk

What did she watch

15 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

The last movie was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? Nice.

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The last movie was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? Nice.

No joke, it was this. She wanted to see a movie with me and that happened to be the new release at the time. 

she actually enjoyed it quite a bit more than I did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigscrubnus said:

No joke, it was this. She wanted to see a movie with me and that happened to be the new release at the time. 

she actually enjoyed it quite a bit more than I did.

Your Grandma has excellent taste.

20 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Problem is not Wanda being a villain, but the sudden heel turn made no sense. Show, not tell..!!

And it's not just about Script being a mess..... How about the movie actually being not dull, action was not much to say about too. 

And NWH was good because it used Multiverse concept very well, for a movie titled MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS, there was very little Multiversal shenanigans and barely any Madness in Dr Strange. 

I'm sure that Wanda had been shown the traits of being unhinged since AoU, but people still downplayed it regardless, the last straw was Wandavision. However, her stans still defended her to death that she was ...just heartbroken (despite the fact that we had another excellent example of being broken aka. Thor (he fell from grace, turned from the Asgard golden prince to a homeless fat dude with an eating disorder).
Needless to say, I completely understand why they wanted to stray from the formulaic, lighthearted family films (which made them become a successful franchise) after the whole fiasco of getting criticized by a bunch of people, including high profile directors (funny enough, Villeneuve criticized Marvel of being formulaic, on the same hand he was also a friend of Zhao so he kept shilling how she could bring better things to MCU, and you know what turned out), but I don't think this is a tough task at all, all they need is a proper script, general audience, and MCU fans can overlook the rest.

And NWH was good because it used Multiverse concept very well, for a movie titled MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS, there was very little Multiversal shenanigans and barely any Madness in Dr Strange. 

I don't think so, exploring the multiverse and introduce its shenanigans (which will lead to a big Avenger/Fantastic Four event later) is pretty much was everything MoM was trying to do. NWH? not so much, it was an excused nostalgia fest, everyone just bursted thru another universe like they were going to the supermarket with no consequence whatsoever, how can NWH be a good example of exploring the multiverse and how it can affect other lives?

Edited by Leviathan

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

this is really bad news for Cinema... MCU is was one of the major things keeping people coming to cinemas.

who can save us now?

Cameron_Sketch_Credit.jpeg

gonna take some one of juggernaut proportions

• Like 3