Eric Loves Rey

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

38 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Obviously an amazing number and the Minions just showed the world their giant yellow dick. I will say that 2pm start with kids out of school and on a holiday weekend is pretty much a normal day more than "previews." But I think 85m should be doable with great Sunday hold.

I think 85M is pretty much locked at this point. The real question is if it can reach 100M 3 day

Edited by Grebacio

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

100M 3-day is very doable, and if happens, we will get two +100M openings back to back. 

I spent 5 minutes thinking which movie had a 100M OW last weekend. Then I realized you were talking about this and next weekend

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tokugennumataka said:

The summer continues to surprise us in many mysterious ways. Depending on legs, Minions can likely finish over TB and even JWD. Imagine telling someone the summer Top 3 would be Top Gun 2, Minions 2 and Thor 4. 

Thor 4 will be be below MoM

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The last Minions film had a preview to 3 day multiplier of 18.9x. 

Previews began later at 5pm. But 18.9x is insane. Minions 2 only needs half of that multiplier to get to $100m for the 3 day. And with a Sunday holiday boost. 

And today is a holiday here in Canada which will give a slight boost too.

Just now, StormbreakerXXR said:

Minions OW > 2x Lightyear OW

If we see this, I will be happy I was so wrong about Minions - I said it was over Lightyear, but if this goes anywhere close to 2x, Disney should be firing people by the end of the weekend!

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

If we see this, I will be happy I was so wrong about Minions - I said it was over Lightyear, but if this goes anywhere close to 2x, Disney should be firing people by the end of the weekend!

It’s going to be more than close. Previews of nearly $11M with more palatable content and a holiday Monday.

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Don't think Disney should be firing anyone.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Soul came out during the height of the pandemic. Of course it had to go to Plus. Maybe Luca and Turning Red could have been In theaters but I doubt they would have done big business 

They would’ve done bigger business than lightyear as comedy animation always does bigger than action/sci-fi animation. Also they would’ve done bigger since like people wouldn’t be trained to expect it on Disney+ for free lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Minions will end up grossing what I predicted Lightyear would gross at the beginning of 2022 and viceversa

I predicted LY and Minion 2 would both do $225-250m each for a $450m-$500m combined. After all, the total still correct but the split within is terribly wrong. 

• Like 1