Eric S'ennui

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

16 minutes ago, LeoC said:

I can say that the visuals in the IMAX intro/countdown were more striking than the Avater trailer.

That always looks great in 3D lol. This was my first time seeing the Avatar trailer in IMAX3D.

Edit: took out a shady comment about Wakanda Forever feeling way longer than it actually was. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jedijake said:

Seems only gimmicks, revivals, and build-ups generate truly massive openings. NWH and MoM had real gimmicks.

Have a Harry Potter/SW/MCU/Avatar crossover and see how big an OW can truly be! I mean, blue Force users with magical wizardry and super-human strength? can't go wrong.

The Patton Oswalt thing would gross a billion domestic.

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Have never liked 4 movie year plan . Should remain with 3.

Dr Strange

Thor

Black panther

Antman

guardians

marvels

Captain America

thunderbolts

blade

2021 is only year that did that because of the covid backlog. Only one of those movies was bad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

What has been hurting phase 4

1. Disney + 

2. Lack of a clear focus

3. No POV Characters(tony/cap)

4. World building. Too much going on, too many setups without a proper development or end in sight

5. Writing.

Like honestly what was the whole point of the CIA plot in WF except to set up a future project. It dragged the whole movie . Should have been cut .

Have never liked 4 movie year plan . Should remain with 3.

Phase 5 will probably handle some of this but hope the writing meets the standard.

Some despise the infinity saga structure and yes some parts need to be worked on (villians,third act) but it was very consistent and the solo films and characters stood on their own while extending the whole narrative with some minor  introduction of faction, technology, infinity stones and proper mid credit and post credit scenes that were actually important to the plot.

Phase four post credit scenes didn't feel plot /story driven . They were basically did they " do the THING," or " which character X was introduced".

They are making so many Disney+ projects & introducing so many characters for mainly 2 reasons- 1. For D+ subscriptions.

2. To set up different teams-

Moonknight, Elsa Bloodstone etc for rumoured Midnight Sons movie.

Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel Iron heart etc for Young Avengers D+ show or movie.

Nova, Silver Surfer etc for rumoured Annihilators project.

Namor, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine etc for Mutants/X-men.

Yelena, US agent, Taskmaster for Thunderbolts.

Starting next year we'll get a big team up movie every year. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I went to IMAX 3D last night and I can say that the visuals in the 2 minute Avatar trailer were more striking than anything in the following 2 hours and 41 minutes of Wakanda Forever. 

i don’t doubt it. Although I was looking down as it was on as don’t want to see the trailer. Lol. Sounded great though! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Dr Strange

Thor

Black panther

Antman

guardians

marvels

Captain America

thunderbolts

blade

2021 is only year that did that because of the covid backlog. Only one of those movies was bad.

Blade was scheduled for 2023 before director exiting

2024 has Deadpool so that 4.

2021 had two movies meant for 2020 which ( BW,eternals) and both had finished filming and COVID put a massive delay and created massive demand for mcu movies.2 year gap btn ffh and BW

4 movie a year plan was originally meant to begin  2021 but COVID put a wrench in their plans and has caused lots of shuffles and production delays.

It's only a matter of time . Let the MCU go like 5 consecutive years with 4 movies ,3 shows .it's going to affect quality and cause some occasional burnout.  What we have seen this year is that MCU is not critic proof as we thought it might be.

Marvels was originally scheduled for this year too.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JWR said:

Question: Is $1B ww still possible?

Black Panther only got to that mark because of its impeccable timing. It was a cultural/raciopolitical event in the States, while the overseas revenue was boosted by the Infinity War hype. Neither of which Wakanda Forever will enjoy. The latter also has to partially pay for the sins of Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder. It'll probably end up finishing in the Homecoming/Guardians 2 range worldwide.

• Like 1

Just now, GambitPool said:

Anyone else's theater charging more for Wakanda Forever? My Cinemark theater is charging an extra $1.25 compared to other films. I've never seen that before. The theater with IMAX and Dolby further from me has cheaper prices. 

F*cking Spielberg was right. 

That's been happening a lot this year with Cinemark - they've charged more for pretty much every superhero movie in 2022, Disney and WB...

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's been happening a lot this year with Cinemark - they've charged more for pretty much every superhero movie in 2022, Disney and WB...

This is my first Superhero film in America since living overseas. I had no idea. What a scummy practice. 

• Like 1

Is Angela Bassett as good as Twitter says? They are talking her up as worthy of being the first actor in a MCU movie to be nominated for an Oscar. Some trades are also talking Oscar buzz. She is a great actress so I'm not surprised but are they hyping her up or was she legit that good? 

23 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Anyone else's theater charging more for Wakanda Forever? My Cinemark theater is charging an extra $1.25 compared to other films. I've never seen that before. The theater with IMAX and Dolby further from me has cheaper prices. 

F*cking Spielberg was right. 

Here in the UK they started doing this with No Time To Die and Shang Chi and they  haven’t stopped since, with bigger films. It’s an extra £2.00 on every ticket for Wakanda Forever, even for standard screens. The big films have this +20% advantage on every ticket, so need to take that into account from 2021 onwards when comparing grosses. 

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is Angela Bassett as good as Twitter says? They are talking her up as worthy of being the first actor in a MCU movie to be nominated for an Oscar. Some trades are also talking Oscar buzz. She is a great actress so I'm not surprised but are they hyping her up or was she legit that good? 

She’s great, she’s always great. Love Angela Bassett.