Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

3 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Recovery arc was a bit choppy for me and I didn’t love how it separated her from the rest of cast for so much of the season. In particular, S3 had the most korrasami content which is a big factor for me, but also I think the villain was much stronger both on a personal and thematic level. S4 plot felt a little overambitious and sprawling to me whereas red lotus was very tight and genuinely menacing. This has never occurred to me before but I guess I’m saying

LOKS3:LOKS4::IW:AEG

@charlie Jatinder

Well that's why I have it under LOK S3. But disagree with the EG comparison as I think EG executed better. 

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Well that's why I have it under LOK S3. But disagree with the EG comparison as I think EG executed better. 

Not me casually getting my S3s confused in regard to which you ranked loks4 over, that would be too embarrassing. Y’all saw nothing :bagoverhead:

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

It's not the numbers that are surprising me so much as the abrupt turnaround. Internationally speaking the presales were pointing to one of the most massive movie events ever and then everything just came to a screeching halt. Like, not just "not as big as originally thought" but from really good to pretty average.

What happened???

Out of good seats at premium cinemas I think, at least where I live.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

If this underperforms (aka under 2 Billion Worldwide lol), we can attribute it to the title. Water after all, is wet and some people may have something against the idea of getting wet in the theater, i. e. wetting themselves in the cinema seat.

But i would feel for the Cameronites and Jimbo in particular. Their dreams would be like tears in the rain ...

Spoiler

Blade-Runner-Roy-Batty1.jpg

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

If this underperforms (aka under 2 Billion Worldwide lol), we can attribute it to the title. Water after all, is wet and some people may have something against the idea of getting wet in the theater, i. e. wetting themselves in the cinema seat.

But i would feel for the Cameronites and Jimbo in particular. Their dreams would be like tears in the rain ...

Reveal hidden contents

If Avatar 2 also underperforms then 2022 will be known as underperforming year since most big budget movies also underperformed including MCU, JWD etc

• Like 1

In all honesty though i dont see this underperforming just yet. Reviews are solid/good enough, it has Christmas all to itself and its a visual spectacle designed to be a crowdpleaser. I would be surprised to see this opening under something like 160M.

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

If Avatar 2 also underperforms then 2022 will be known as underperforming year since most big budget movies also underperformed including MCU, JWD etc

Would be a major bummer to end an overall very disappointing year (sans TGM, minions and a couple more minor overperformers like smile/EEAAO) on a disappointment from A2 as well, so hopefully it won't come to that.