charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (8-11 May, 2023) Thread.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm going to be honest and say no. Not by too much. @ViewerAnon alluded to it being worse than F9 and not even having a real ending, which I doubt the average Joe will be receptive to. There will be some impact on its opening weekend, but I imagine Guardians 3 will stabilize again afterwards.

"Hinting at it not even having a real ending" is a very kind way of putting it. He compared it to The Devil Inside :hahaha:

https://twitter.com/ViewerAn

Still it's possible they changed it anyway. Who knows.

Sti/1642327885712343041?s=20

Edited by JustLurking
  • Astonished 1

Maybe I'm just on the right side of the internet for once (the non-toxic side) but I haven't really heard any toxic discourse about GOTG3 at all! Just a lot of "I really enjoyed it!" and "Yea this one was pretty good, even though I'm not a big Marvel person." For me, it's just seemed like such a wholesome release, and God knows we needed one of those...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Maybe I'm just on the right side of the internet for once (the non-toxic side) but I haven't really heard any toxic discourse about GOTG3 at all! Just a lot of "I really enjoyed it!" and "Yea this one was pretty good, even though I'm not a big Marvel person." For me, it's just seemed like such a wholesome release, and God knows we needed one of those...

I think he’s referring very specifically to BO community spats. EC and Reddit have been going kind of wild ever since Sun ests and there has been some spirited disagreements here over what previews made sense to expect when and what legs make sense to expect now.  

Out on the general internet it has indeed been an extremely chill and controversy free release with good vibes all around.

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Well you make good movies, you get such reactions.

4 hours ago, DisposedData said:

Reddit turned on Empire and Jatinder like crazy this week, so I'm not surprised he turned all his attention to them with this lol.

Reddit were waiting for GOTG to fail

It being good just ruined their plans

I’ve gone out of my way *not* to attack or insult anybody regarding this run. But it’s a box office discussion forum, people are gonna have different takes on what kind of box office is likely based on what we’re seeing and when those interpretations are very far apart from each other it makes sense to say so. Sometimes feels like (some) people around here are unfamiliar with having conviction in a disagreement.

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy
  • Like 8
  • Heart 1

3 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

yeah based on everything I've seen since being gone, legion and Charlie are being assholes about the whole thing 

Well, opposite for me.

Many things I learnt in forum was thanks to Charlie and Legion. Ofc, I sometimes get annoyed but it's never a loss to learn things from experienced ones.

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

yeah based on everything I've seen since being gone, legion and Charlie are being assholes about the whole thing 

While true, they both have been over-enthusiastic but in no way they have been assholes, both of them haven't attacked anyone, especially Charlie. Some condescending remarks sure, but no outright attack.

• Like 1

If GOTG3 actually managed to open to more than its predecessor, I don’t think we’d have as many people playing defence. That’s when people get upset or annoyed. Especially with these kind of films.

But the film is doing well. Not as big as some assumed when it was dated and then not as bad as we assumed during tracking. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

While true, they both have been over-enthusiastic but in no way they have been assholes, both of them haven't attacked anyone, especially Charlie. Some condescending remarks sure, but no outright attack.

I do think people sometimes miss interpret making an educated ‘bold’ estimate on where something is going to land as optimistic or enthusiastic. I see it more as people (in this case Jat and Legion) seeing a pattern that in their head would lead to these outcomes. Instead of doing what a lot of people do and look from day to day / week to week, they are sticking out their neck by actually saying what they think they are seeing (obviously not always correct), and this doesn’t mean they won’t adjust with new information. But that’s the whole fun of predicting no? Based on the info you have making a educated guess on the outcome, and this way you get a feel with the boxoffice.

Of course being very cautioned and looking day by day is fine and that can be very useful, you won’t get carried away. But damm does it feel good to instead of adjusting week by week to just see (and let’s be real sometimes ‘feel’) the big picture and predict on those factors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

Really? 

Fom where i see, there wwre murmurs of under 100 or touch and go at many Points during the tracking and @charlie Jatinder continuously said that there is absolutely no chance of Under 100.

He was right, i would call that being accurate and not being asshole for sure.

• Like 1