Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

#1 story of the weekend is Josh Hartnett's triumphant return to blockbuster cinema! Hopefully more to come soon!

Nolan better have him scream "I THINK WORLD WAR 2 JUST ENDED!" after the bomb detonates. 

If not, film gets a 0/10. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

The AMC less than a mile from where I live is splitting its Dolby screen between Barbie (late morning and late night) and Oppenheimer (afternoon and evening) so I have a true Barbenheimer double feature planned with the first showing of each film on Friday. The stellar reviews for both have confirmed I made the right decision.

• Astonished 1

I bet loads of critics and journalists were disappointed that they couldn't use Oppenheimer is the bomb but they can make do with Oppenheimer explodes out of the gate, Oppenheimer goes nuclear etc 

The real winner is exhibitors, I imagine this weekend will allow them to fill their coffers with ease. 

I wonder if WB and Universal will be sending each other gifts to celebrate. If I were WB, I'd sent Nolan a Ken doll dressed as Oppenheimer.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Anyone else think putting these two movies together might've been one of the most brilliant marketing gimmicks of all time?

I mean, if we want to kill some time/add some pages with a spicy take,

Nolan should be on his knees kissing Greta’s feet for the press he’s getting out of this. 

WB trying to be petty is about to get Nolan is highest opening weekend in a decade. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anyone else think putting these two movies together might've been one of the most brilliant marketing gimmicks of all time?

The whole world will be thinking it after we get those weekend numbers on Sunday

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

Barbie + Oppy OW > NWH OW :ohmyzod:

On the high end, FSS (~$210M) has a plausible chance 

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

I mean, if we want to kill some time/add some pages with a spicy take,

Nolan should be on his knees kissing Greta’s feet for the press he’s getting out of this. 

WB trying to be petty is about to get Nolan is highest opening weekend in a decade. 

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan's next film is a joint WB and Universal film. 

• Haha 1

List of Pixar Summer 6th weekends (comparable movies)

Cars: $7,840,985

Inside Out: $7,414,528

Finding Dory: $7,234,806

Elemental: $7 million?

Up: $6,521,389  

WALL E: $4,603,179

Brave: $4,305,153  

Ratatouille: $3,987,800

Monsters University: $2,854,838

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

I think Universal is usually the better marketer but WB definitely had the better marketing campaign here 

TBF Oppenheimer is not a film you can promote to the general audience as fun. 

• Like 3