Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

$40M OW would be decent for Haunted Mansion though its budget is $157M which I shouldn't be surprised about but I am. 

Tbh, I'm looking forward to the weekend to see how some people react to the numbers. "Disney loses money again, like the woke anti-white, godless machine it is, with their movie being crushed by...errr...*checks notes*...the feminist propaganda movie and the drama about the evils of McCarthyism and man's hubris in creating something that will inevitably be perverted and abused by the military industrial complex and deep state".

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 3

Just now, jedijake said:

So....we talkin' $600 million and $300 million domestic for Barbie and Opp respectively?

Little early to say so, first see how this week pans out. But atm both movies seem like monsters joined at the hip. Kind of reminds me of JW and IO's run of going along together. Though IO came out in JW's second weekend while these two launched at the same time which is unprecedented. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

So....we talkin' $600 million and $300 million domestic for Barbie and Opp respectively?

Both are certainly possible, but we'll need to see the rest of the week and weekend - is this spillover going to slow down or are they both way beyond that, becoming proper phenoms in their own ways?" Signs would point to yes at least for Barbie, but we need to see the next few days. We don't want to jump on the 600 million bandwagon and f it then slows down we will see murmurs of "disappointment" (CAUS YOU KNOW THIS PLACE - THAT WILL DEFINITELY HAPPEN)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That'd be pretty surprising to me. Whenever an Endgame-level event comes along it ends up sucking the air out of everything else, hence all the early summer 2019 flops, and both Matrix 4 and The King's Man being crushed under the weight of No Way Home.

Yeah, but the one exception is family fare, which can co-exist with adult-orientated blockbusters (except maybe MCU)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So it's officially the biggest 2D only opening of all time and biggest opening without IMAX. If only it had got closer to DH2, that record will likely go to a DC movie in the end, either a Batman or Superman sequel.

I had to chuckle at the takes that WB will give up on DC because Barbie is such a huge hit when DC makes up most of their all time domestic box office of all time. 

10 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Can Barbie hit $100 mil next weekend? If Monday gets close to $30 mil… I get there will be spillover today but there should also be weekend spillover since people tend to do more on the weekend 

doubt it, audience is younger that can see on weekdays, unless the movie is repeat heavy like Titanic

So many Monday morning articles commenting on the weekend box office where barbie ‘thrashed’ Oppenheimer, which seems to really miss the point of the phenomenon they’re writing about.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I hope so. Barbie doing it w/o PLF would be epic. Oppie doing it with 3 hrs length, R rating and no action would be epic. 

13 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

And Weaving. And better directing and editing. At the very least.

I liked the first half where it’s being meta but yes, the film looks like it cost about 30m, which is pretty unforgivable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

So many Monday morning articles commenting on the weekend box office where barbie ‘thrashed’ Oppenheimer, which seems to really miss the point of the phenomenon they’re writing about.

The capitalist elite are so afraid of the power of Barbenheimer they have no choice but to turn us against each other 😢

Just checked Greece’s biggest theatre chain and WTF Barbie has lots of sold-out/near sold out showing for today. Greeks don’t do cinema in Mondays. What a beast. Wednesday, which is typically out most attended day due to the discount, is gonna be crazy. It’s going to be a bloodbath to get a ticket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Just 29% drop for Barbie in China on Monday. Monday > Saturday, Friday in China

Professional clown Ben Shapiro wont be pleased with this.

• Like 1