setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

17 minutes ago, G Doss said:

Deadline has $30 million or so for Turtles and Meg 2. I would be willing to bet both are significantly higher when Sunday wraps up. Another big weekend on the horizon. 

August 2023 might crush August 2022 by huge numbers if all things go well. Which is good cause last year this is where everything very suddenly went south. Unfortunately the rest of the year has the strike to contend with

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

August 2023 might crush August 2022 by huge numbers if all things go well. Which is good cause last year this is where everything very suddenly went south. Unfortunately the rest of the year has the strike to contend with

Disney should move The Marvels to December, given that Aquaman 2 is prob gonna bomb, which would allow it to rule Christmas almost uncontested

Edited by Cheddar Please

25 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Disney should move The Marvels to December, given that Aquaman 2 is prob gonna bomb, which would allow it to rule Christmas almost uncontested

At this point I’m not convinced anything besides Wonka is gonna be big for the big holiday releases.  Besides some obviously moving too. 

I don’t think Dune is moving, they’ve got like 6 weeks of IMAX booked and I can’t imagine them getting a sweet gig like that again. Hell even the filmed on IMAX hit Oppenheimer won’t get that.

Marvels moving to December sounds good on paper, but I can’t see WB moving Aquaman again and Marvel/Disney just aren’t going to go toe to toe with a DC film, not because they don’t think they’d beat it but because they know there’s a huge audience overlap and they want to maximize profits.

The 2nd derivative of Barbie vs TDK predicted "mid 90s" for Barbie last week, so far it's tracking toward a 3rd weekend drop significantly lower than TDK's 43%. Let's say 35% (maybe less). Going with $60.4M for now.

This movie could get to $600M domestic (as hard as it may be to believe $600M is still not guaranteed even with summer weekdays). Mid-summer really saved the boxoffice. Next weekend is looking to be healthy.

16 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Barbie and oppy dropping around 17%  from Tuesday.

Weekday spillover effect is now slowly winding down.

Playing like last weekend  gets barbie to low 50s and oppy to 25- 26m.

it wont play like last weekend. This weekend it will go back to more normal friday and may be even saturday increases if specific shows are more popular. 

• Like 1

First Wed-to-Wed Drops for Biggest July Openers (80m+)

1. The Secret Life of Pets: -43.3%
  2. Barbie: -45% (est.)
  3. Oppenheimer: -46% (est.)
  4. The Dark Knight Rises: -46.7%
  5. The Lion King: -48.3%
  6. Black Widow: -48.4%
  7. Thor: Love & Thunder: -49.2%
  8. Spider-Man: Homecoming: -49.8%
  9. The Dark Knight: -52.4%
  10. POTC: Dead Man’s Chest: -54.4%
  11. Minions: -55.0%
  12. Minions: The Rise of Guru: -55.6%
  13. Harry Potter 7 (Part 2): -57.9%
  14. Spider-Man: Far From Home: -66.5% (opened on a Tue)
  15. Despicable Me 2: -72.4% (opened on a Wed)
  16. Spider-Man 2: -75.2% (opened on a Wed)
  17. Transformers: Dark of the Moon: -76.6% (opened on a Wed)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 10