ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

People on here talked about Wakanda Forever’s drop from BP like it was so huge. Well, after Marvels and Joker 2, it looks pretty damn good to open that big without the lead from the first film.

Also it was missing a proper China release. OG Black Panther did $100M there.

I think if Chadwick was alive it does $550M/$1.05B

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

And it still opened to freaking $181M without its main lead. 

That's absolutely huge

Yeah, Black Panther is a monster domestically....

It's the biggest OW of the 2020s that doesn't include a multiverse story line.

Going to be interesting to see if Black Panther 3 falls from Wakanda Forever. I think a smaller opening but about the same $450M finish. The franchise hit its ceiling in 2018. Wakanda Forever performance is probably more in line in what the franchise can do on a regular basis. 

Joker 2's performance is horrendous in every way, but it's made even much worse by its budget.

How in the hell can a movie like this cost nearly 200M$ to make (even accounting the salaries for Phoenix, Gaga and Phillips)?

Was it that expensive getting the rights to use the songs for the musical numbers?

Normally, this film shouldn't have cost a cent over 100M$.

17 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Yeah, Black Panther is a monster domestically....

It's the biggest OW of the 2020s that doesn't include a multiverse story line.

Going to be interesting to see if Black Panther 3 falls from Wakanda Forever. I think a smaller opening but about the same $450M finish. The franchise hit its ceiling in 2018. Wakanda Forever performance is probably more in line in what the franchise can do on a regular basis. 

Yeah BP2 was disappointing at the time but looking at recent CBM performances aside from DP3, $450M+ DOM without the main lead is very, very big. 

20 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Joker 2's performance is horrendous in every way, but it's made even much worse by its budget.

How in the hell can a movie like this cost nearly 200M$ to make (even accounting the salaries for Phoenix, Gaga and Phillips)?

Was it that expensive getting the rights to use the songs for the musical numbers?

Normally, this film shouldn't have cost a cent over 100M$.

I still don't know. No hint of spoilers so I can't say as much as I'd like but there's many assumptions I made about what the movie had to be as a musical to maaaybe justify that budget and absolutely none of it happened so I don't know where that money went. 

15 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah BP2 was disappointing at the time but looking at recent CBM performances aside from DP3, $450M+ DOM without the main lead is very, very big. 

It was only disappointing for people wanting it to be disappointing 

• Like 16

Just now, thajdikt said:

It was only disappointing for people wanting it to be disappointing 

It is funny how it had positive reception (A CinemaScore/84% RT/94% verified score) and made $259M in profit without the main lead and yet the internet acts like it's a flop that nobody liked. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

I have no idea how you think os can go so low

65*1.7 🔥  

Jat reported 70M+ OS just as he reported 38-42M DOM. DOM is looking like it's gonna drop down to 35M so applying the same to OS gets us to like 65M. Then legs will be terrible because. .you know why

Also u/AgentCooper315 from Reddit is saying below TSS/WW84 worldwide gross

Edited by HummingLemon496

Word of caution for the weekend, a storm that has been forming for the past week or so in the Gulf has finally formed enough to be a problem. Likely not huge effects to the box office this weekend but people will be starting storm prep today and tomorrow especially with it being the weekend it's a much easier time to do it than during the week. I started getting storm alerts now so just making a note of that. 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It’s What’s Inside on Netflix is worth a watch. 

I thought Wakanda Forever was crap, the moment they killed off Angela Bassett’s character for no good reason. 

No reason? Did we watch the same film? Wakanda Forever is peak 

• Like 7
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It’s What’s Inside on Netflix is worth a watch. 

I thought Wakanda Forever was crap, the moment they killed off Angela Bassett’s character for no good reason. 

It was terrible to see her die but it was supported by plot and characterization.

What I loathed were people shipping Shuri and Namor.  That was over the second he murdered her MOM.  No. No. No. Bad shippers!

• Like 4

Queen Ramonda demise is one of the best in the superhero genre imo. It does so much for Shuri’s character and I think that was desperately needed for her in the movie as a character but also for the plot. I loved how it mirrored the arc T’Challa went through in Civi War with T’Chaka passing. Really good stuff that the MCU doesn’t really do that well. It completely works in getting Shuri to take on the mantle, but also in working to resolve the conflict of the movie aswell within her wanting revenge for her mother, but ultimately going above that for the sake of her people. Stepping up and taking the void that was left from her brother. Loved it. Ryan Coogler is damn good at what he does.

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 10