ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

34 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Phillips acting like he's Robin Hood after taking $20m off the top. 

Sure it's great if crews get paid but not so great when movies bomb then the studio lays off a bunch of other people. 

Even if Philips got paid nothing here, the movie would be a massive bomb lol. Plus, 1000s of crew members getting paid proper wages is a bigger deal than like 5 execs being laid off (one bomb hasn't caused mass layoffs in a long time)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cap said:

I might be in the minority, but I really like when wrestling looks sloppy and like it fucking hurts. Because it should. It should look like it hurts. And all of that looked like it was just pain after pain after pain. There are a couple spots, with the table and the steel steps that I recoiled at. 

deeply obsessed with grown men fighting over friendship bracelets.

I liked Punk and Drew.
My GOAT Nia Jax botched a little bit but I was cool with it.

Rhea and Liv had a fun little match until all the Dom/Raquel business (frankly the way their story has progressed has been horrifying. I’ve never seen a serialised TV story told so poorly. Why on earth can’t they allow these 2 girls to fight and be done with it? Why is Rhea written like Thanos? ).

The Roman/Cody thing could’ve been shorter…

I want to remind everyone that Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, the sequel to Godzilla vs Kong,the movie that saved cinemas back in 2021 was made in 135 million.

It had Hollywood Hall of Famer Godzilla, Icon Kong, Mothra, Suko who can transform into a weapon, Your British Villain Skar King, Ice Turtle Puppy Mothra and lots of Destruction and spectacle under 135 million. 

Joker FAD, the movie with dancing, singing, court scenes, prison stuff and some apartments took 190 million to make.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AJG said:

I liked Punk and Drew.
My GOAT Nia Jax botched a little bit but I was cool with it.

Rhea and Liv had a fun little match until all the Dom/Raquel business (frankly the way their story has progressed has been horrifying. I’ve never seen a serialised TV story told so poorly. Why on earth can’t they allow these 2 girls to fight and be done with it? Why is Rhea written like Thanos? ).

The Roman/Cody thing could’ve been shorter…

no idea. I was just into the kento stick foreplay in that match. 

I confess, I am slightly behind. I don’t have the local channels to watch them live. So I kind of only pop in during the pay-per-view’s and then pop out. But I’m gonna try and catch up.

38 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I want to remind everyone that Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, the sequel to Godzilla vs Kong,the movie that saved cinemas back in 2021 was made in 135 million.

It had Hollywood Hall of Famer Godzilla, Icon Kong, Mothra, Suko who can transform into a weapon, Your British Villain Skar King, Ice Turtle Puppy Mothra and lots of Destruction and spectacle under 135 million. 

Joker FAD, the movie with dancing, singing, court scenes, prison stuff and some apartments took 190 million to make.

I heard Godzilla & Kong only got paid scale. :chaplin:

23 hours ago, Skim Beeble said:

Mission failed

F Cinemascore 

Drop from true Friday - Pending

#2 on Saturday & Sunday - Pending

80%+ drop - Pending

Sub shazam 2 multiplier - Pending

Sub 70M Domestic - Pending

Sub 150M Worldwide - Pending

both 1.5 legs ww and an 80% second weekend drop seem impossible to me