Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

None of those spark any excitement whatsoever, but I might see Aquaman and Dark Phoenix if their trailers don't make them look like dumpsters of fire. Venom might be another if I see Tom Hardy ham potential. 

Edited by Goffe

4 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Maybe it was initially aiming for a PG-13 and they're reshooting it to make it more R rated.

3 months before release though? Definitely got to be a lot more to the story since it could have done well in its current slot as the budget isn't high.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Starting October 2018, at least one comic book movie every month until July

October - Venom

November - Dark Phoenix

December - Spider-Verse, Aquaman

January - Hellboy

February - Silver and Black, New Mutants

March - Captain Marvel

April - Shazam

May - Avengers 4

June - Gambit

July - Spider-Man: Homecoming 2

Yuck. I’m excited for IF 1&2 and Black Panther, but after that I’ll probably be done with these films for awhile. 

This is simply just too many superhero films, that’s coming from a huge superhero fan. We might finally reach the superhero fatigue many of ‘predicted.’

I also might check out Ms. Marvel, but I’m not too excited about Brie Larsen. She was so baaaaad in King Kong.

41 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Looks like Ready Player One gained another week at number 1 unless WB decides to move up Rampage by one week.

They would if they're smart. Put another week between it and Avengers 

• Like 1

Ugh, it kind of sounded better if the horror elements had been exaggerated in the trailer and this is more traditional superhero/coming of age than it let on. Not saying emphasising the horror aspects will necessarily make it bad (especially if they want to go the It route) but I suspect I would have liked it very much the way it originally was. Oh well...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ugh, it kind of sounded better if the horror elements had been exaggerated in the trailer and this is more traditional superhero/coming of age than it let on. Not saying emphasising the horror aspects will necessarily make it bad (especially if they want to go the It route) but I suspect I would have liked it very much the way it originally was. Oh well...

I think it would have been more interesting had they made a superhero film and then based it around horror elements, instead of it being flat out horror. Mix-it-up a bit anyway. 

The fact that they're adding more horror scenes in via reshoots is not a very encouraging sign regarding the tone though. 

• Like 2