Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

On 12/23/2019 at 1:46 AM, Madhuvan said:

According to many sources, New Mutants kind of got Marvel Studios blessing. 

I hope this turns out to be good, so that Fox Xmen can actually go on positive note. Dark Phoenix really damaged their legacy. 

What kind of sources do you have?

That Disney is not saying a word about this movie does not tell you something.

Really, the ability of  fanboys to ignore facts is pretty astounding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think Disney sorts of wished it could just forget this was dumped in their lap by the Fox Merger.

That is TWO different  studio managment teams who think this is a total,unreleasable, fiasco.

The key word is good, everything indicates that New Mutants is a total mess.

What kind of sources do you have?

That Disney is not saying a word about this movie does not tell you something.

Really, the ability of  fanboys to ignore facts is pretty astounding.

dudalb strikes again! It was taking too long.
Let me tell you: BOT mods are developing a new futuristic tool for you. It will be called "multi-quote" and will allow you to quote multiple posts at once. Isn't it amazing?!

Edited by Litio
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

If this really is getting a trailer then that means they are dumping it because the movie is almost three months away. They are probably doing the bare minimum advertising and then trying to forget it ever existed.

After the FoX-men series sputtered out with Dark Phoenix, they probably figure "Why bother?"

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:15 AM, CloneWars said:

If this really is getting a trailer then that means they are dumping it because the movie is almost three months away. They are probably doing the bare minimum advertising and then trying to forget it ever existed.

After what happened with Dark Phoenix, they are not spending a dime more on this then they have to if they decide to give it a theatrical release...which might be because they are under legal obligation to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

So it's getting a threatircal release,which I always thought it probably would.

But it also seems to be going out "as is", without the major rewrite and reshoots that almost everybody, including Boone, thought were necessary.

Fasten your seatbelts, It's going to be a bumpy ride.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's happening!!! I can't wait, this movie exists!!

Oh. it's always existed, question is what kind of film exists. Any everything points to it still having huge, huge, problems that Disney seems unwilling to spend a lot of money to fix. Looks like a dump release to me.

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

So it's getting a threatircal release,which I always thought it probably would.

But it also seems to be going out "as is", without the major rewrite and reshoots that almost everybody, including Boone, thought were necessary.

Fasten your seatbelts, It's going to be a bumpy ride.

I don't think there's a way they could have reshot it outside of like...a 3 month window without it looking .... really weird with people noticeably being older. It's a weird spot to be in.

17 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I'm quite surprised to see this receiving theatrical release, but I'm happy for fans of the franchise that have been looking forward to this for half a decade now.

Let's hope it's not as much of a mess; artistically, critically, or financially, as Dark Phoenix.

From the way Two studiios have treated this film, it's looks like a bigger mess on all levels then Dark Phoenix.

FOx was willing to spend a lot of money on huge reshoots for Phoenix;they were unwilling to do so for NM and Disney has followed in it's footsteps.

Not surprised it's getting a theatrical release; many of the stories about this film said Disney was under contractual obligation to release the film Guess they deceded it would be better and cheaper to just release it then try to buy out the obligations.

Good movies seldom set on the shelf for two years the way NM has.

16 hours ago, Morieris said:

I don't think there's a way they could have reshot it outside of like...a 3 month window without it looking .... really weird with people noticeably being older. It's a weird spot to be in.

Agreed, but that Fox did not pull the trigger on reshoots a couple of years ago should tell you something.

Tele once said that in the film industry occasionally, despite all the good intentions of the filmmakers,everything just goes to shit on a film. I suspect this is what happened here.

Will break the internet. Get ready.

Thinking $150m WW before watching the new trailer. About Escape Room numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1