Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

I like Scott Mendelson, he's a good dude but he isn't my go to critic. I don't even read his reviews mostly but I do click on them to give him clicks. Him not liking a movie has no barring on my opinion on my opinion nor does that mean that it's reviews overall won't be good.

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$60m for an R rated horror is unheard of. 

So it would be incredible to see! :o

And if we're discounting Hannibal (?), $55m is unheard of too. Looks like IT will be going in the record books. 

Yep and I can't wait. After weeks of non-excitement (save WW smashing though milestones), we are in for a real boxoffice event. :)

On a side note, I think the max potential Irma can take from IT is around 7-8m (if it lands in the upper range and like I said, max potential).

Then again there's always the chance the news of Irma takes attention away from it, or The opposite (people to to avoid the news).

Wow, this is the third time this year I have whiffed by saying early reactions were overhyping. That happens every year frequently, so that's why I keep getting on it. But outside of outright obvious in advance stinkers  like TF5, Dark Tower, and Mummy, everything has gotten good reviews. Just a very well received slate. Even with the festivals,  almost everything has winded up good. Weird year, in a good way.

I'm sure the hurricane will hurt it but studios and regular box office predictors alike always claim any slight weather hurts the movies. But yes I'm definitely going to factor the Hurricane into my predictions. The hurricane is probably the only reason I'm not predicting a hundred and going with 88 million instead.

• Like 1