Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Im sorry but I have no fucking idea how this movie is non american and french in anyway. Star Wars has a less American cast in this. Wtf you cast to american leads, and Rihanna. Honestly how is this different. The story was typical big budget Sci Fi 

Rihanna is not American.

11 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Im sorry but I have no fucking idea how this movie is non american and french in anyway. Star Wars has a less American cast in this. Wtf you cast to american leads, and Rihanna. Honestly how is this different. The story was typical big budget Sci Fi 

yeah, but the writers and directors were French, and it is  based  on a French comic book.  And Luc Besson style as a director is definently French. It is all about the style,guy.

Visually mostly great, but the script was TERRIBLE and oddly sexist. Cara was surprisingly better than Dane, but they had no chemistry.

59 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Cara Delevingne is not American.

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I think casting French actors and actresses wouldn't help the movie obtain much money.

Nolan has cast Collitard, a French actress, in TDKR and Inception in prominent roles. I find it amusing that as V went up against Dunkirk, Besson did not cast a French lead (one, if not both). I mean, come on!

;)

Edited by a2knet
typo

9 minutes ago, KevinPr said:

Just looking around in Twitter and I see this tweet

Can anybody translate? It has something related to SW:TFA.

It's attendance at a 9am showing iat this Paris theater is the highest since Force Awakens (540 admissions vs 898 admissions).  The comments point out Lucy did 100 more - 640

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

Nolan has cast Collitard, a French actress, in TDRK and Inception in prominent roles. I find it amusing that as V went up against Dunkirk, Besson did not cast a French lead (one, if not both). I mean, come on!

;)

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

It's attendance at a 9am showing iat this Paris theater is the highest since Force Awakens (540 admissions vs 898 admissions).  The comments point out Lucy did 100 more - 640

This is the fourth biggest 9am showing at this theater ever.

Spectre : 1030

TFA : 898

Lucy (Luc Besson was there): 640

Valerian (Luc Besson was there) : 540

26 minutes ago, Bastien said:

This is the fourth biggest 9am showing at this theater ever.

Spectre : 1030

TFA : 898

Lucy (Luc Besson was there): 640

Valerian (Luc Besson was there) : 540

So that means it's going to do less than Lucy. A list leads would have surely helped. 

7 hours ago, That EddieKaspbrak Guy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just let the man win something. A win's a win. :P

LOL that Cotillard gif is iconic. She'd forever be known and adored for that scene alone. All her Oscars and Caesars will be forgotten but that scene will live on and on and on. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 3

Ok-ish Paris 2PM for Valerian;

2nd biggest of the year

4th biggest of Besson filmography

ARTHUR AND THE INVISIBLES : 11 281 admissions
THE FIFTH ELEMENT: 6 905
LUCY : 6 359

VALERIAN : 5 306

It looks like a 1.5m OW to me.

Edited by Bastien

He probably should have just cast Scarlett in this, too.  Along with Ryan Reynolds, or someone of that ilk and status.  It might.  might.  might.  have helped...  Half of LUCY's business was probably tied to the status/impact of its leads. 

9 hours ago, That EddieKaspbrak Guy said:

Reveal hidden contents

He came off like he was a guy in a small high school play who only got the role because the theater program only had one guy.

• Haha 2