Impact

How Long Have You Been Following the Box Office?

Just now, filmlover said:

Officially began following box office numbers the weekend The Lost World: Jurassic Park opened close to the end of my sophomore year of high school. I've been reading Box Office Guru's weekend articles ever since he started that same year. I'm so fucking old lol.

You are one year older then me :P

I remember reading about Avengers breaking the OW record and checking box office mojo occasionally when I was interested in a movie after that, but then in spring/summer 2013 I got into movies more generally and box office specifically being interested in how all the superhero movies compared to each other.  Then I found HSX in October of that year and I've spent waaaaaaaayyy too much time on it since then.

• Like 2

I would casually read an article here and there every few weeks after Avengers broke the OW record. But it was (for some reason) Wreck-it-Ralph's opening weekend where I discovered BOM, and the rest is history.

In terms of this site, I started lurking March of 2013, then stopped around December 2013, then officially joined July 2014.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

@Ethan Hunt I'm curious

I would check out numbers occasionally starting in like 2010. Mostly when stuff like Harry Potter or The Avengers came out. I'd say the summer of 2013 is when I really got into it. I think Despicable Me 2 was the first run that I actively followed. 

Then I discovered this place about the time that Gravity was coming out. I lurked here until June 2014 on a weekend when two movies I was really excited for were coming out (TFIOS and EoT) when I decided this was the coolest place on gods green earth and why had I not joined yet

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 2

I want to say it started around late 2009, when I started following Rotten Tomatoes and looked at their box office articles. Then I began following BOM in summer 2010, but I didn't really pay close attention to it. Then I slowly got more and more into it as the years gone by, and I'm a box office junkie now.