Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

39 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I meant adult DRAMAS. And let's be real a franchise as Mission is mostly watched by adults, but it's still popcorn movies. I want dramas

And, frankly, Cruise is rapidly reaching the age where he is going to have a hard time doing action movies.

16 hours ago, eddyxx said:

this would make sense if the CEO’s actually created any of that product that the people like but ceos do not actually create anything.

On the other hand, Artist are susally lousy at running a large company on a day to day basis. There are exceptions, of course...Spielbrg come to mind...but this whole diadain for management is pretty silly

1 minute ago, Veclozy said:

I watched said clip, and the children only said they didn't watch the movie, they never said they didn't have involvement or didn't give permission, so I'm not sure where that bit is coming from. 

21 minutes ago, dallas said:

I watched said clip, and the children only said they didn't watch the movie, they never said they didn't have involvement or didn't give permission, so I'm not sure where that bit is coming from. 

I don't think it's from from that clip specifically.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:42 PM, AJG said:

Don't know when this happened but I loaded up The Color Purple and it looks like WB finally fixed their logo:

Screenshot-2024-01-16-at-13-36-12.png

And here's the old app-icon friendly version from the time that mad man ran the company:

pasted-image-0-66.png

OK so here it is from Wonka if the Color Purple one was too dark.

Screenshot-20240121-111440-Plex.jpg

Seriously that blue logo was probably one of the worst studio logo redesigns ever done. Thank god its over.

• Like 1

‘Harry Potter’ TV Series Zeroes In On Premise As Selected Writers Pitch Their Ideas To Max
Deadline understands that there may also be an opportunity for more than one of these writers to be involved, and that Max is open to the possibility of developing more than one idea based on Harry Potter.

Source: https://deadline.com/2024/01/harry-potter-tv-series-premise-writers-set-max-1235798159/

On 1/20/2024 at 8:30 PM, Veclozy said:

People are so hyperbolic. What involvement do his kids have with people using his likeness, legally? Any? They very much could have done something shady, but nobody has actually said that or proven that.

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Was it...is it not just a readapted version of the books again? 

Also, Warner Bros is saying "nice try JJ Abrams but you gotta make something"

Colour Purple's steep decline might have them second guessing this one methinks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Colour Purple's steep decline might have them second guessing this one methinks.

You really got the mind of a shitty studio exec. I guess one film led by black people flopping means every movie starring black people regardless of genre will flop.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Was it...is it not just a readapted version of the books again? 

Also, Warner Bros is saying "nice try JJ Abrams but you gotta make something"

I’ll believe it has some chance of getting made when they actually bother to announce a director and a lead actor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

“Let’s not make Inception because Green Lantern flopped”.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I call horseshit on this. We won't find out what studio Nolan is working on next until his next movie is announced, which won't be until towards the end of the year.

Yeah consider the source. He is so full of hot air half the time he could float in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. 

• Like 1