Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

11 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

http://deadline.com/2016/02/pacific-rim-2-directed-by-steven-deknight-spartacus-creator-legendary-pictures-guillermo-del-toro-1201708221/

Apparently PR2 is still in development, and it's going to be directed by Steven DeKnight...

giphy.gif

Excited this movie is still on, but shocked at this development. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Fuck... I thought it said directed by Steven Knight and I shat my pants

I did to, and I wonder why they didn't mention that he directed Locke first, and then I checked the name, and his credits, and went oh wait!! Happens!

*Spots Pacific Rim 2 is trending on twitter*

homer-good.jpg?1f48cf

*discovers Guillermo Del Toro is no longer directing*

homer-bad.jpg

*learns the replacement director worked on Daredevil (TV)*

homer-good.jpg?1f48cf

*however, a new release date still hasn't been confirmed*

homer-bad.jpg

*but this news shows that the sequel hasn't been shelved definitively*

...Can I go now? 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

surprised they are going forward with this. Get ready for a big flop in every country except China. Even a giant increase in China is not guaranteed. See Kung Fu Panda 3

You just love being negative about Pacific Rim any chance you get. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

surprised they are going forward with this. Get ready for a big flop in every country except China. Even a giant increase in China is not guaranteed. See Kung Fu Panda 3

KFP3 will end at 60% higher than KFP2's 91m. Granted people were expecting it to more than double KFP2, but they botched up the release. Despite that it jumped by 60%. If PR2 jumps by that much it will cross 175m in China.

Wonder what could be the reason to start the movie but not have GDT directing it. Cause GDT wanted to do it last we heard.

Edited by a2knet

Thinking a 2019 release. I don't think LP should want more than one kaiju movie a year. I know PR2 is Universal and the Godzilla/Kong Universe is Warner Brothers, but still.

LP now has a HUGE stake in China now since they are now part of a Chinese company.. it'll be absolutely massive there.

Kaiju movies coming out from LP:

KONG: SKULL ISLAND(2017) - Warner Brothers

GODZILLA 2(2018) - Warner Brothers

PACIFIC RIM 2(hoping 2019) - Universal

GODZILLA VS. KONG(2020) - Warner Brothers

Just makes sense for LP to try and do these one a year to not try and compete with each other.

• Like 4

Well,with Del Toro out as director, I have lost all interest in this film.

And I am betting the budget is really,really,going to be slashed for this.

The fanboys will get their sequel, but I suspect many will be very disappointed in what they get.

33 minutes ago, langer said:

I still don't get the big deal about the first one.  Nothing really stands out for me about the plot or acting. 

IKR, I'm a HUGE Transformers fan, but I never got the whole love that this movie received, especially when ppl say that it was way better than Transformers, what's the difference between these movies? I really can't see lol

Anyway, I'm glad they're making a sequel, it will give some orgasms to @John Marston

• Like 1