Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think it's going to flop so hard domestically.

That was always going to be its fate. I think even if Del Toro had stayed on and gotten the budget he wanted this would still have flopped domestically.

It's a shame they went this direction anyway.

Universal must be glad they're just distributing it rather than financing it. For Legendary, they're lucky they've got 2 likely hits with JWFK and Mamma Mia 2 and a potential hit with Skyscraper as PRU will likely be a financial flop.

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

China isn't enough. It needs to make money everywhere else too. Most importantly, in the United States.

I'm pretty sure Legendary benefits from being a Chinese studio basically. While yes it's important to make money everywhere, I think they get more $ for being under Wanda.

This is going to be a mini Warcraft at the boxoffice. 

John Boyega is really overrated. All the hype around him is because of being in the star wars franchise. He was great in TFA but meh in TLJ.

Attack the block is still his best. 

He needs to somehow get a MCU film (blade!) to save his career because the next one will be last one in the core trilogy. With that gone he will have nothing to fall back on.

Edited by marveldcfox

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

And Hunnam's unbearable charisma. ;)

Oh god yeah. Charlie hunman walked round like an unlikebale thug, and those Aussies sounded like actors from a bad soap opera. The middle action scene was the movies highlight

6 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Oh god yeah. Charlie hunman walked round like an unlikebale thug, and those Aussies sounded like actors from a bad soap opera. The middle action scene was the movies highlight

Hunnam was so focused on keeping his faltering Attempted American Accent that he forgot to emote. Same goes for fake Aussies with Attempted Aussie Accents. 

Just now, Goffe said:

Other movie.

This is my most anticipated film of 2018 and I want my first viewing to be as good as possible, I think it'd be fun in 4DX even if 4DX is a gimmick, but don't want to wear those stupid glasses that make the film dark.