Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Hunnam was absolutely terrible in that movie, but the entire movie was terrible so not surprising.  

I think I hated the first movie more than any movie in the last 10 years that was a supposedly successful wide release.  

Hunnam gave a horrid performance in PR, one that was matched in awfulness by Rinko Kikuchi. His narration in the beginning of the movie was wretched, though the turgid dialogue did nothing to help. Hunnam and Kikuchi had no chemistry and neither brought enough charisma to their roles generate any emotional investment. It's no surprise that they are not coming back for the sequel and no loss.

18 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Hunnam gave a horrid performance in PR, one that was matched in awfulness by Rinko Kikuchi. His narration in the beginning of the movie was wretched, though the turgid dialogue did nothing to help. Hunnam and Kikuchi had no chemistry and neither brought enough charisma to their roles generate any emotional investment. It's no surprise that they are not coming back for the sequel and no loss.

This is true.  The robots had way more personality.  The movie grounded to a halt when there weren't robots fuckin shit up.  Clifton Collins bow tie had more personalit than Hunnam and Kikuchi.  Love that bow tie.  Bring him back.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I think there was inklings of something there for Rinko - enough so that I would want her to come back for this - but the first one wasn't amazing. If it wasn't for John I wouldn't care about this one.

Kikuchi was only effective when the script called for Mako to lapse into Japanese. Working opposite Idris Elba seemed to help her a little, too. Otherwise she was as lifeless as Hunnam. 

The damn bulldog gave a better performance that the two leads. Had del Toro made Stacker the true center of the movie and relegated the others to minor/supporting status, Elba might have salvaged it. The visuals alone weren't enough to save it, though, murky and meaningless as those were.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valonqar said:

First movie was disposable and didn't make much money save for China. Unnecessary sequel. 

3 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Now that's a sequel nobody wanted.

I like my giant machines and giant monsters, so I'm alright with it. :P

• Like 3

can people stop calling john boyega ugly please. he has had an unending torrent of disgusting things thrown at him by the vilest of racists ever since his head popped up in the first teaser. he's a great actor in attack the block and tfa, and a really good, funny, charismatic person. leave him alone

• Like 1