Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

16 minutes ago, water said:

can people stop calling john boyega ugly please. he has had an unending torrent of disgusting things thrown at him by the vilest of racists ever since his head popped up in the first teaser. he's a great actor in attack the block and tfa, and a really good, funny, charismatic person. leave him alone

No he is not. I don't care about the color of his skin, his acting in TFA was just plain bad. 

Edited by James

17 minutes ago, James said:

No he is not. I don't care about the color of his skin, his acting TFA was just plain bad. 

yeah, "argument" that if someone doesn't think a PoC actor is the best thing since sliced bread, and the second coming of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, is automatically racist is so last year. We have the right to like or dislike a performance and I thought this one was one of Saga's all time worst. same goes for looks. Different people find different people attractive or not. This guy ain't no Michael B Jordan or Chadwick Bosman that's for sure. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

i didn't call YOU racist, though i would love to but farcically that gets one suspended on this site. i was saying that he has been PUT THROUGH horrible racism and that you could keep your criticism about his acting and looks, which most people are positive about, to yourself.

To be honest this is the kind of movie that I don't care if it bombs or not, I'm just happy we're getting another one after it's looked like we weren't for so long.

It's probably gonna bomb and I'm probably gonna have fun watching it and there won't be a sequel, I have already made my peace with all that.

• Like 9

On 12/15/2016 at 10:21 AM, water said:

i didn't call YOU racist, though i would love to but farcically that gets one suspended on this site. i was saying that he has been PUT THROUGH horrible racism and that you could keep your criticism about his acting and looks, which most people are positive about, to yourself.

You know Boyega isn't on this site reading the comments right? And even if he was I'm sure he'll be fine crying into his millions of dollars. He don't need you to save-a-hoe boo.

Edited by eddyxx

13 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Aside maybe from Boyega everything about this screams lower-budget direct-to-video sequel that's somehow getting released in theaters. From the title to the release date to the director. I'm sure it won't actually look that bad but the start isn't promising. 

Thats the most promising part of this project for me. Have no interest for this project but SDK is talented and I have been a fan for the last 16 years. Wish he was doing his film debut with something more worthy of his talents, something darker maybe, but I'm sure he'll rise to the challenge. Check out Angel episode 'Inside Out' for what I mean. Its on netflix if you have it.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 1:58 AM, Jake Gittes said:

Aside maybe from Boyega everything about this screams lower-budget direct-to-video sequel that's somehow getting released in theaters. From the title to the release date to the director. I'm sure it won't actually look that bad but the start isn't promising. 

the director has more experience than all the indie directors who are getting turns at the big budget stuff. 

Plus we got Del Toro producing and the same DP as The Force Awakens/ JJ's Star Treks. Im not that worried. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

the director has more experience than all the indie directors who are getting turns at the big budget stuff. 

Plus we got Del Toro producing and the same DP as The Force Awakens/ JJ's Star Treks. Im not that worried. 

The only thing I feel iffy about is the very fresh talent that will be in this film. But I'm still going to enjoy it, probably.

• Like 1