Neo

Geostorm | 10.20.2017 | Dean Devlin directs. Gerard Butler, Andy Garcia. The world ends in IMAX 3D. New even more ridiculous and more awesome trailer on page 25

On 10/13/2017 at 3:01 PM, Barnack said:

this those 4/10, 2.5/5 kind of review sound like bad news, a couple of 2 or 3/10 would help.

Sounds like it's better than expected.  Can't wait to watch (at home, where I enjoy my garbage disaster movies the most)

This movie has made 9.1 million overseas in 8 small Asian markets, this weekend

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

"Dean Devlin’s Geostorm debuted in eight smaller Asian markets this weekend, ranking number on in them all, pulling in $9.1m from approximately 2,150 screens. Abbie Cornish, Gerard Butler and Jeremy Ray Taylor star. Taiwan generated $1.8m from 190 screens, while Malaysia brought in $1.3m from 400 screens. Thailand produced $1.2m, Hong Kong $1.2m, and Indonesia $1.1m. Meanwhile, the Philippines generated $1.1m. Warner Bros will release the action film in 50 international markets this week, including the UK, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, South Korea, Spain and Australia day-and-date with the the US."

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I don't care about the reviews or what people think

I'm seeing this movie. Right up my alley :sparta:

(The Day After Tomorrow is in my top 100 all-time :ph34r:)

Great movie, I love all disaster films. 2012, Deep Impact, Armageddon, When Worlds Collide, The Core.. All fucking awesome. I'll be there for this one too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

This movie has made 9.1 million overseas in 8 small Asian markets, this weekend

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

"Dean Devlin’s Geostorm debuted in eight smaller Asian markets this weekend, ranking number on in them all, pulling in $9.1m from approximately 2,150 screens. Abbie Cornish, Gerard Butler and Jeremy Ray Taylor star. Taiwan generated $1.8m from 190 screens, while Malaysia brought in $1.3m from 400 screens. Thailand produced $1.2m, Hong Kong $1.2m, and Indonesia $1.1m. Meanwhile, the Philippines generated $1.1m. Warner Bros will release the action film in 50 international markets this week, including the UK, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, South Korea, Spain and Australia day-and-date with the the US."

ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATED Valerian in all these markets. @That One Guy

The power of Devlin and Buttler. That's what Valerian needed. 

So here's what I predicted would happen in this movie

On 10/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, AJG said:

My guess about this movie:

some enviromental terrorist used the weather satellite to wipe out billions of human in some kind of population control. We’ll also get some generic speech about how humans are destroying the world.

the villain will be played by Ed Harris.

And here's what actually happens

Spoiler

Dekkom (Ed Harris, duh) reveals his intentions: to wipe out all of the future candidates for the presidential election and wiping out all of America's enemies, in the guise of freak disasters.

See... that's just stupid. That is the dumbest plan I've ever heard. Honestly, I like my idea better. 

3 hours ago, AJG said:

So here's what I predicted would happen in this movie

And here's what actually happens

Hide contents

Dekkom (Ed Harris, duh) reveals his intentions: to wipe out all of the future candidates for the presidential election and wiping out all of America's enemies, in the guise of freak disasters.

See... that's just stupid. That is the dumbest plan I've ever heard. Honestly, I like my idea better. 

God, that plot would have been laughed at in a story conference for a James Bond movie.

The Weather Wizard plot in "The FLash" tv series was so much better....