Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

This was Gendry tonight

Hide contents

I don't understand where they are going with Arya. She wanted Genry to be part of her family, and she had the moment, and then wants to run? 

1 hour ago, Warhorse said:

I don't understand where they are going with Arya. She wanted Genry to be part of her family, and she had the moment, and then wants to run? 

Lmao have you paid attention at all to th show?

Arya’s character has never wanted to be lady of a castle, which was what Gendry was asking of her.

• Like 1

I ... i kind of liked this episode?

It had some extremely stupid moments of course. Euron teleporting for the win. The fact that Jon doesnt pet Ghost ugh! The fact that Dany, Tyrion, Varys and their 10 men stand only 50 Meter from the city where they can be easily shot to death lol. The fact that Cersei again doesnt kill Tyrion which is stupid considering in the books and show, Cersei makes it abundantly clear many times that she wants to kill him more than anyone. The fact that Sansa is now more unlikable than ever.

But it had some really good parts too. Which is surprising to me as i heavily disliked last episode, but i have to give props where they are due.

You saw what was happening on screen. Arya/The Hound best ever matchup. Was perfect in Season 4 and i hope we get some more scenes with them at the end now. The drinking and talking scenes ... i think some may find them boring but they reminded me of good, old-school GoT. Nice character interactions all around. Varys and Tyrion finally talk like they used to again, god knows i needed that.

Also really enjoyed seeing Dany getting madder with every scene. The show seems to try to give her more reasons with every episode to get more angry. And because Emilia Clarke isnt the best actress of the world that leads to some very entertaining facial expressions lol.

Also Jon fucked up - again. Ever since hes been resurrected he seems to get dumber.

But like i said, i kind of liked it overall and the show managed to get me interested in the finale again.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I liked this episode more than last week. Got some nice character stuff at the start. The whole Euron fleet magical transportation and invisibility is stuff I've come to expect from the show anyways unfortunately.

The Show abandoned military logic and geography as a whole in Season 7. Im not even mad about it anymore, ive come to not care about that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrGamer said:
  Hide contents

The Greyjoys came up with some great stealth boat technology. Not even 2 flying dragons, a woman who is riding one of said dragons, and a fleet of ships full of people traveling in broad daylight could see them coming.

FGsVfea.jpg?1

• ...wtf 1

9 hours ago, Brainbug said:

The Show abandoned military logic and geography as a whole in Season 7. Im not even mad about it anymore, ive come to not care about that.

It makes sense if the ships get ambushed... by a secret navy but dragons flying 100s of feet in the air lol...

Also Euron destroyed the fleet, he could have just wiped out the rest of the soliders on dragonstone.

Drogon cant do anything due to the bolts. 

9 hours ago, Brainbug said:

yep. I'd argue it's been low key happening since even before they passed the books. Cutting corners so things that must happen happen. Since last year it became way more pronounced but I made peace with it, it is what it is. I'm sure GRRM takes the long road, maybe that's why he's taking so long and might never finish them. He might even have to write an extra book just for all the pieces to fall seamlesly together without anyone question his world's or characters logic. The show can't do that.

As for the episode, cutting corners and some weird moments aside, I think it was pretty good.

Spoiler

I liked the drunken post-win hang outs or how Dany gets more powerless and feeling like a stranger in a foreign land. I like that both John and Sansa do the wrong thing that fucks everything up because it rings true to their characters. Especially the Tyrion-Varys backroom talks felt like the show going back to the politics in a way that they haven't since Tywin was found dead in the toilet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joel M said:

yep. I'd argue it's been low key happening since even before they passed the books. Cutting corners so things that must happen happen. Since last year it became way more pronounced but I made peace with it, it is what it is. I'm sure GRRM takes the long road, maybe that's why he's taking so long and might never finish them. He might even have to write an extra book just for all the pieces to fall seamlesly together without anyone question his world's or characters logic. The show can't do that.

As for the episode, cutting corners and some weird moments aside, I think it was pretty good.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes the Tyrion Varys scene is easily the best scene out of Season 8 so far imo. It just felt like the GoT (show) i used to really love.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1