Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

And suddenly Dany's Death is all about JON.  And how bad JON feels when he has to "kill the women he loves."  She was so fucking happy looking at that throne.  And then seconds later, one of the main characters on this series, one of the women you've been rooting for from the beginning, gets stabbed in the chest in the most uncreative and lazy way possible.  No last words.  No focus on her.  Just dead, and it's all about Jon crying.

This is really what rubbed me the wrong way the most. Dany's descent into total madness is something that needed to happen over a complete 10 episode season, not within the span of less than an hour and a half in terms of filmed real estate at the very end of the series. Emilia Clarke deserved better, could've been a contender for the Emmy had they not cut corners to get her to the destination that she needed to get to.

• Like 5

It’s kind of amazing, stepping back, how far they were able to make this show’s legacy fall in only 6 episodes. Just an important reminder that nothing can be considered the best until it ends.

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I'm talking about reading them versus watching them.  Like, you wouldn't think "Russians kill man's dog; man kills Russians" would be so compelling by just the description.

I'm honestly so tired, and kind of numb.  That was some straight up Misogynistic Male Garbage -- even with Sansa's Ending.  Which will be used as a scapegoat for actual criticism and discussion, just as some yahoos saying D&D "should die" on twitter co-opted the constructive criticism of last week's episode.

Dany was never wrong.  She was not wrong to attack her rapists and oppressors or to burn the Slavers.  She was not wrong to want to tear down that cruel world and rebuild it.  Buuuut Then she gets to Westros and goes full "bitches be crazy" over some bells -- because accordingly to D&D her male council is all dead, so she doesn't have people telling her to quell her worst / violent instincts -- and suddenly she's The Mad Queen.

And suddenly Dany's Death is all about JON.  And how bad JON feels when he has to "kill the women he loves."  She was so fucking happy looking at that throne.  And then seconds later, one of the main characters on this series, one of the women you've been rooting for from the beginning, gets stabbed in the chest in the most uncreative and lazy way possible.  No last words.  No focus on her.  Just dead, and it's all about Jon crying.

I was so mad I was almost in tears.  And the fact Drogon didn't just eat Jon is BULLSHIT.  Cause that's what that dragon would have done if not for some plot armor.

Well, as much as I love LOTR, GOT was never simply about good versus evil(lol at anyone claiming GOT is better than LOTR after this schlock fest of a season btw), I think the idea of Dany going mad queen is a great and logical idea from how she started out from the beginning, the signs were always there.  The problem is that it all happened so fucking fast that its just fucking stupid and illogical.  Really, the people that hate the idea of Dany becoming the Mad Queen like her father are just middle aged white bumper sticker feminists that loved Clinton for no other reason than that.  Imagine how dramatic and compelling the storytelling of Dany going full mad queen could have been over the course of 10 60+ minute episodes?  Throw in a proper ending for Jaimie Lannister and more than a few minutes of screen time for Cersei and this show could've been a hall of famer.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s kind of amazing, stepping back, how far they were able to make this show’s legacy fall in only 6 episodes. Just an important reminder that nothing can be considered the best until it ends.

I'm not gonna lie, the backlash this last season has been entertaining. We haven't had a show where seemingly everybody completely turned against it at the end like they have with this since...at least How I Met Your Mother.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Well, as much as I love LOTR, GOT was never simply about good versus evil(lol at anyone claiming GOT is better than LOTR after this schlock fest of a season btw), I think the idea of Dany going mad queen is a great and logical idea from how she started out from the beginning, the signs were always there.  The problem is that it all happened so fucking fast that its just fucking stupid and illogical.  Really, the people that hate the idea of Dany becoming the Mad Queen like her father are just middle aged white bumper sticker feminists that loved Clinton for no other reason than that.  Imagine how dramatic and compelling the storytelling of Dany going full mad queen could have been over the course of 10 60+ minute episodes?  Throw in a proper ending for Jaimie Lannister and more than a few minutes of screen time for Cersei and this show could've been a hall of famer.

Looking back, in a way they really should have fully wrapped up Cersei/Jaime etc in Season 7.

You'd end Season 7 with the Lannisters crushed, Dany empowered (and likely on the path to total tyrant) and in a position to demand fealty from the North and the North, needing her help and knowing what she just did, with no choice but to agree.

Season 8 would then be about the Great War, and then the aftermath as the survivors figure out if there is a way to wriggle out of Dany's power chokehold

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

For those of you who want Benioff and Weiss off of SW

lmao at anyone thinking D&D were getting fired from Star Wars. Outside of a writer/director as talented as Rian Johnson, the quality of creators for that series was never super impressive in recent years.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is really what rubbed me the wrong way the most. Dany's descent into total madness is something that needed to happen over a complete 10 episode season, not within the span of less than an hour and a half

And, I will admit, this could have been a compelling storyline.

But listening to Tyrion trying to explain to Jon why we need to go kill Dany was just rage, rage, rage, rage, rage.  

It wasn't just Dany.  

That shot of Tyrion crying over Jamie and Cersei's bodies.  Oh, what the FUCK ever.  How are you still assassinating Jamie's character after he's dead.  And Tyrion, who might cry over his brother's death, but both of them?  Nah.  Where was my cursing and calling Jamie an idiot?  And I still can't get over THAT is the last shot of Cersei we see in the series.  It feel so beneath her.  A Villainess of her Caliber Deserves Better.

AND, omg, I couldn't even be excited about Brienne filling in Jamie's story in the book.  Brienne is about to become the first women to lead the Kingsguard and, just like Dany, we're making her end about a man?  Jamie and her relationship were a huge part of both of their growth of the series, but she deserved some autonomy in the finale.  They didn't even acknowledge her new title at the Council Table!!!  Her only line was some OS remark!!!  SUCH disrespect!!!

16 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Looking back, in a way they really should have fully wrapped up Cersei/Jaime etc in Season 7.

You'd end Season 7 with the Lannisters crushed, Dany empowered (and likely on the path to total tyrant) and in a position to demand fealty from the North and the North, needing her help and knowing what she just did, with no choice but to agree.

Season 8 would then be about the Great War, and then the aftermath as the survivors figure out if there is a way to wriggle out of Dany's power chokehold

Yes, and given the fact that the very first scene of this show is an extended scene of the white walkers killing wildlings and soldiers of the knight's watch followed by a bunch of ominous scenes of them for another 7 seasons, its a bit strange and anti-climatic how "the great war" was just 1 episode culminating in Arya somehow getting past a ring of dozens of White Walkers and hundreds(maybe thousands) of whites and poking the NK with some dragon glass.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Thank you guys for teaching me a valuable lesson. To not get into a serial TV show until it's finally done with and I have a good idea that the show went out on a high note, so I don't waste my time.

Of course, I will give some exceptions. Like Stranger Things, but I think it's more the 80's nostalgia more than anything. But again, thank you for helping me relearn my lesson. You would think after Heroes, The Walking Dead and Once Upon a Time I would have been more wary. 

• Like 1