Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

I'm cautiously optimistic right now:

Optimistic, because I have no doubt, if everything goes perfectly script-wise, Spielberg could dive straight into pre-production on Indy V this autumn/fall once he wraps shooting on West Side Story and then begin shooting this time next year and make the current release date.

Cautious, because this is now the third writer and story this film's gone through in this past 3 years with little progress being made.

I'm really excited for this Indiana Jones movie, because it means Lucasfilm is going to make something other than Star Wars. I absolutely encourage Lucasfilm to get into the habit of making something other than Star Wars.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rihrey said:

https://variety.com/2019/scene/news/harrison-ford-star-wars-disneyland-indiana-jones-reboot-1203231130/

Ford also discussed the upcoming reboot of another of his hit franchises, “Indiana Jones.” According to Indy himself, the much-anticipated Steven Spielberg film “should be starting to shoot sometime next week.”

IT'S HAPPENING?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

"Things are coming along well. It should start shooting sometime next week"

he definitely meant year lol.

Old age does terrible things to people....

Frankly,this whole project is beginning to sound like a bad idea.

One thing for sure, if they want the franchise continue beyond 5 they have no choice but a total reboot and recasting Indy. If that would work, I don't know.

One of  thinkgs the lucked out for the Bond franchise was Sean Connory leaving the role after five years (though he would return for a one shot film a few years later). He had not imprinted himself on the public as Bond so strongly at to be the one and only Bond...others actors could succeed with the role. But (except for the Young Indy TV series) Ford has been Indy Jones for audiences for over 35 years. That might b e very hard for a newcomer to the role to overcome.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:15 AM, rihrey said:

https://variety.com/2019/scene/news/harrison-ford-star-wars-disneyland-indiana-jones-reboot-1203231130/

Ford also discussed the upcoming reboot of another of his hit franchises, “Indiana Jones.” According to Indy himself, the much-anticipated Steven Spielberg film “should be starting to shoot sometime next week.”

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!

• Like 1

Can’t lie, I quite enjoyed Indy 4. And nostalgia cash grab or not, I’d rather grumpy old man Harrison Ford over any of Hollywood’s next stilted idea/version of young Harrison.