Gravity (2013)  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The most tense moment for me was at the very end, when she got stuck temporarily underwater.  I literally held my own breathe!  

After so many tense, seat gripping moments - just when I thought it was over - Cuaron exploits my phobia of deep water/drowning.  Thanks a lot Cuaron!

• Like 5

I want to see this, but my eyes can't handle the 3D.. I get headaches from it.. Too bad it's not in regular IMAX without the 3D.. Guess I'm stuck with the 2D version..

You probably get headaches because every other movie you saw in 3D was a shitty post conversion. This movie was designed and built from the ground up to be in 3D and it shows. It's phenomenal.
  • Like 3

Why some get 3D headaches

In normal vision, each eye sees things at a slightly different angle.

"When that gets processed in the brain, that creates the perception of depth," Dr Deborah Friedman, a professor of ophthalmology and neurology at the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York.

"The illusions that you see in three dimensions in the movies is not exactly calibrated the same way that your eyes and your brain are. If your eyes are a little off to begin with, then it's really throwing a whole degree of effort that your brain now needs to exert.

"This disparity for some people will give them a headache," she said.

Some people have minor eye issues that aren't noticeable in real life but are with a 3D presentation, so they get headaches. And 3D technology doesn't work at all for people with major depth perception issues. So it would be great if everyone could see Gravity in 3D but it's just not going to work or be enjoyable for everyone, unfortunately.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

The most tense moment for me was at the very end, when she got stuck temporarily underwater. I literally held my own breathe! After so many tense, seat gripping moments - just when I thought it was over - Cuaron exploits my phobia of deep water/drowning. Thanks a lot Cuaron!

There's an interview where Cuaron mentions that to give her moral support he held his breath along with her on each take, but her lungs were way better than his and she kept outlasting him.

There's an interview where Cuaron mentions that to give her moral support he held his breath along with her on each take, but her lungs were way better than his and she kept outlasting him.

That's not what Cameron would have done.
  • Like 5

That's not what Cameron would have done.

Cameron to Bullock during the underwater scenes:  

Goddammit, you bitch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight!

[slaps Sandra Bullock]

Cameron: Fight!

[slaps Bullock again]

Cameron: Fight! Right now! Do it! Fight goddammit! Fight! Fight! Fiiiiight!

• Like 3

Saw this a second time with a group. Two of the others loved it. One person hated it. He said he found Insidious 2 a million times better and he would never watch Gravity again.

As for me, I still see this a true masterpiece in filmmaking. A strong A+ from me.

• Like 1

I heard a review of his over the weekend and the reviewer said he idn't buy into Clooney's character at all in this movie, that he came across too much like Danny Ocean in outer space.. This true?? Was he a wisecracker while Bullock is clinging for her life??? :popcorn: 

Just go see the movie and judge for yourself, BKB.

I heard a review of his over the weekend and the reviewer said he idn't buy into Clooney's character at all in this movie, that he came across too much like Danny Ocean in outer space.. This true?? Was he a wisecracker while Bullock is clinging for her life??? :popcorn: 

I can see what the reviewer was saying but I disagree with it.  He was trying to keep her focused, not stressed.  

• Like 1