babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, aabattery said:

And Dane DeHaan looks like a 12 year old so may as well count Valerian as a kids movie as well.

Valerian is a movie for kids who haven't seen enough science fiction to see how generic it looks.

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Or it's for mature adults who know what good sci-fi looks like so they see it because it looks great.

It looks as appealing as John Carter. Which you'd likely have stanned for if you were around the forums when it first came out.

But my point is: we have members on this forum who get excited still for movies at kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

It looks as appealing as John Carter. Which you'd likely have stanned for if you were around the forums when it first came out.

As someone who did stan for John Carter, I have no strong feelings one way or the other on Valerian

• Like 1

Cars 3 is probably bottom 3 pixar (alongiside Cars 2, A Bugs Life). Doest mean its bad film, its actually ok (6/10). Its stunningly animated and has nice score but the plot is really not very engaging and second act (the buildup to final race) is boring as hell...the final is disapointing as well, after such a buildup i was expecting something more.

Edited by Damianport1
  • Like 1

Yeah I struggled to stay awake during the middle section. The final 20 minutes brought me back to life but they would have needed to reshape the entire story to really make the final turn of events sing. As it stands it's too little too late with a whole lot of filler before it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Damianport1 said:

Cars 3 is probably bottom 3 pixar (alongiside Cars 2, A Bugs Life). Doest mean its bad film, its actually ok (6/10). Its stunningly animated and has nice score but the plot is really not very engaging and second act (the buildup to final race) is boring as hell...the final is disapointing as well, after such a buildup i was expecting something more.

Strange, I felt the opposite... about the middle. I actually liked the middle more than the first and third acts. But yeah the climax is one of the most anti-climatic, ho-hum finales I've ever seen Pixar do. At least Cars 2 ended its bizarre, awful insanity with a big action climax, here it was... yup. That sure was an ending. (also it didn't make any sense) It's okay, easily Pixar's most forgettable film with beautiful animation and cinematography. With the plot, the best way to surmise it as is "the lame version of Toy Story 3", this especially counts towards that "have your cake and eat it too" resolution. However, I was surprised by the subtle girl-power/anti-sexism message in there, even if they played around it with heavy kid-gloves. Otherwise... it's Cars 3. Eh.

This really should be the last time Disney trots one of these out to theaters. Do a TV series or specials, something that doesn't make audiences roll your eyes. A line in the film is pretty apt: "Everytime you lose, you damage the brand." A Cars movie is liking losing for Pixar, winning for consumer sales. Those sales are going to win either way, tbh.

• Like 2

Will Pixar please die already? It's getting harrowing seeing them struggle.

Every time the Shay thinks - well, they can NOT do worse than this, can they? - it turns out he's mistaken. And the Shay doesn't like making mistakes.

The only good thing about this is I was all alone in the theatre (no surprises here) - so I could freely swear at the makers of this, and even throw my shoe at the screen (got it back on my way out before the movie had even ended). Other than that it was equal time dying from boredom - and wishing I could see The Mummy instead for a third time, which now seems like a masterpiece to me.

Bottom line: Pixar, sell your fucking toy merchandise (and your asses, obviously) - WITHOUT littering the screen with more sequels!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Will Pixar please die already? It's getting harrowing seeing them struggle.

Every time the Shay thinks - well, they can NOT do worse than this, can they? - it turns out he's mistaken. And the Shay doesn't like making mistakes.

The only good thing about this is I was all alone in the theatre (no surprises here) - so I could freely swear at the makers of this, and even throw my shoe at the screen (got it back on my way out before the movie had even ended). Other than that it was equal time dying from boredom - and wishing I could see The Mummy instead for a third time, which now seems like a masterpiece to me.

Bottom line: Pixar, sell your fucking toy merchandise (and your asses, obviously) - WITHOUT littering the screen with more sequels!!!

Oh, boy. The Shay going childishly Anti-Pixar all over again. ?

And still refers himself as the Shay.

• Like 2