Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

It's weird how some people choose to be stuck in time.

Talking about time, do we think this is keeping its date?

Cognitive dissonance. It's why they bitch every time someone contradicts even a little bit of their narrow worldview and yet claim the others are the entitled ones.

No way. The earliest I see it is Nov 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

It's weird how some people choose to be stuck in time.

Talking about time, do we think this is keeping its date?

Special Snowflakes in Safe Spaces.

I hope it keeps the date. I hate to sound dismissive, but I'm looking forward to a new Bond actor, so I want this movie out as soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

I hope it keeps the date. I hate to sound dismissive, but I'm looking forward to a new Bond actor, so I want this movie out as soon as possible.

I love Craig as Bond but I totally agree with you, I'm ready for something new and fresh. Plus I don't like how it kinda feels like he's holding this movie as a hostage.

I want Bond to move so Wonder Woman 2 can do better.

Besides, we all know if WW2 fails WB is giving up on WW.

Bond is already getting recast after the next one, so it really don't matter if Bond 25 does good or not.

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

EON will never let the actor have a participation bonus. They will pay a lot upfront but the property is too big for them to offer participation.

And 50 Million would be more then any actor in history got for any film. I call that story B.S.

8 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Even though it's become a hardcore fan favorite OHMSS was not a big financial success for them.  Domestically it did half of what You Only Live Twice did.  At that point it was necessary for them financially in terms of series survival. Diamonds brought them back up to YOLT levels domestically  that would not be reached again until Moonraker.

You Only Live Twice UA $43,084,787 - n/a - 6/13/67

On Her Majesty's Secret Service UA $22,774,493 - n/a - 12/18/69
Diamonds Are Forever UA $43,819,547 - n/a - 12/17/71

45+ years and domestically only 4 Bond films after it have sold more tickets domestically

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=jamesbond.htm&adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

OHMSS did not bomb...Eon made a decent profit off of it...but it was nowhere near what the previous Bond films made.

Bringing back Connory was felt necessary to save the franchise, and for the first and only time they gave an actor both up front money and points.

And it worked, Diamonds was huge hit;it brought the franchise back to the level of success that Eon was used to.

Moonraker is interesting in that although it grossed more then the previous Bond film(The Spy Who Loved Me), it made less actual profit because Moonraker cost so much.(It went massively over budget..rare for a Bond film) That was ..and a feeling that they had taken the silly,over the top Bond about as far as they could go without turning off audiences.....a major reason Brocolli decided to do a 180 turn a do a much more realistic,grounded..and much less expensive Bond film with "For Your Eyes Only".

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I love Craig as Bond but I totally agree with you, I'm ready for something new and fresh. Plus I don't like how it kinda feels like he's holding this movie as a hostage.

I am a big fan of Craig as Bond, but this should be his last Bond film. Craig needs to remember what happened with the late Roger Moore, who was simply too damn old for the role in "A View To A Kill"...and looked it. Sir Roger himself later said sticking around for AVTAK was a mistake;he should have quit after "Octopussy".

43 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And 50 Million would be more then any actor in history got for any film. I call that story B.S.

Not sure if 50m is that much for a movies, many actor got giant deal like 20m + 10% gross (to 20m + 30% for Cruise/Arnold best deal), making 50 to 150m on a movie.

Not sure how much Will Smith got on a movie like Hancock, but it was 20m or so + is share of the 113m bonus, that was easily over 50m.

Tom Hanks on Da Vinci code got 20m + is share of the 130m that went in bonus, probably again easily above 50m.

In the case of the Matrix, that type of deal gave Keenu Reeve a rumored 150+m for the 2 sequels.

There is many instance of 50 to 100m for a movie rumors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_film_actors

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Bond is already getting recast after the next one, so it really don't matter if Bond 25 does good or not.

It matters to anyone who will be investing in this likely $200-$300 million dollar movie.

Why would they make it at all if they didn't want to be good and thought it couldn't be successful? 

15 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I want Bond to move so Wonder Woman 2 can do better.

Besides, we all know if WW2 fails WB is giving up on WW.

Yeah, Bond's gonna clobber WW2 OS. I don't think that WW2 can fail but dom is defo its stronger market. 

This should move to November 15. Then, like Skyfall, it'll open just two weeks before Thanksgiving as opposed to three like Thor 2 (which had two consecutive drops over 55% as a result).

Edited by Jake Gittes

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am a big fan of Craig as Bond, but this should be his last Bond film. Craig needs to remember what happened with the late Roger Moore, who was simply too damn old for the role in "A View To A Kill"...and looked it. Sir Roger himself later said sticking around for AVTAK was a mistake;he should have quit after "Octopussy".

He wanted to leave after For Your Eyes Only, and if it wasn't for NSNA, I'm pretty sure EON would have let him leave.

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder why MGM didn't keep UK rights with itself, it has a distribution presence there. Will be interesting to see the difference in US vs OS marketing similar to BR2049.

Do they have a good distribution presence there ?

Looking at the yearly box office in 2017/2018, nothing seem to appear under the MGM name :

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/uk/yearly/?yr=2017&sort=studio&order=ASC&pagenum=4&p=.htm

Even Deadwish this year does not seem to have been distributed by them in the UK.

Keeping Craig, deal that come with Boyle for the director, that quite the package would be nice to have detail on the distribution / financier term they got with Universal....

44 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Do they have a good distribution presence there ?

Looking at the yearly box office in 2017/2018, nothing seem to appear under the MGM name :

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/uk/yearly/?yr=2017&sort=studio&order=ASC&pagenum=4&p=.htm

Even Deadwish this year does not seem to have been distributed by them in the UK.

Keeping Craig, deal that come with Boyle for the director, that quite the package would be nice to have detail on the distribution / financier term they got with Universal....

How hard is it to distribute Bond in the UK?  Theaters will take it no matter what.  UK critics will proclaim it "The Best Bond Ever".  It will make a mint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1