Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

32 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Avatar had a pretty big culteral impact in other countries other than America though. Just look at china, they renamed their mountains after it. Had Avatar spawned a franchise early on then lets face it, it will be in todays pop culture

They dont have films coming out every 6 months so obviously it wont be as relevent in todays pop culture.

The thing about the pop culture is weird though, they're comparing Avatar to franchises like Star Wars and Marvel which have been around forever.

Avatar is just one original film and has Avatar world theme park, secret garden in Penang, mountain named after it and a cirque du soleil show.

@JB33 Name an original film release within a decent time window to Avatar what has had more "cultural impact". Frozen is part of the Disney Princess franchise so doesn't count and also sells kids toys (big deal).

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

I knew it.......

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/james-cameron-avatar-terminator-interview-1202779945/

Despite the impending Disney-Fox merger, Cameron says production will keep moving forward. He expects the purchase of 21st Century Fox, the studio that released the first “Avatar” film, by the Walt Disney company to go through, and he notes that Disney already has a vested interest in the success of the “Avatar” franchise with the introduction of Pandora-themed attractions in its Animal Kingdom theme park.

“That’s based on the slice of Pandora that you see in the first movie,” he points out. “We throw in a few little Easter eggs of creatures that will show up in later films in the ride film that’s there. So if you look closely in the ocean, you’ll see some creatures that show up in a major way in ‘Avatar 2.’”

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

4 hour queues right?

Waits have been getting a lot better recently now that all four theaters are consistently running. It's been around 90-120 minutes quite often, which is still a while, but Fastpasses are somewhat easy to get with refreshing the site/app.

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Waits have been getting a lot better recently now that all four theaters are consistently running. It's been around 90-120 minutes quite often, which is still a while, but Fastpasses are somewhat easy to get with refreshing the site/app.

Would you agree with my assessment that the flight of passage is essentially close to a brainwashing tool, all non-avatar fans are converted inside the theatre then leave wanting to go see A2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Royce said:

I'm conflicted.  On one hand I agree with him, on the other I'd get a good laugh out of IW knocking Avatar down to #3.

TLJ likely would've done it if it wasn't a structural and tonal mess with highly questionable creative decisions.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I knew it.......

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/james-cameron-avatar-terminator-interview-1202779945/

Despite the impending Disney-Fox merger, Cameron says production will keep moving forward. He expects the purchase of 21st Century Fox, the studio that released the first “Avatar” film, by the Walt Disney company to go through, and he notes that Disney already has a vested interest in the success of the “Avatar” franchise with the introduction of Pandora-themed attractions in its Animal Kingdom theme park.

“That’s based on the slice of Pandora that you see in the first movie,” he points out. “We throw in a few little Easter eggs of creatures that will show up in later films in the ride film that’s there. So if you look closely in the ocean, you’ll see some creatures that show up in a major way in ‘Avatar 2.’”

Has to be those giant whales or whatever they are. 

I'm not even sure how I'm this excited this far out. 

Scotty M accusing Jim of saying dumb stuff, gold.

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm conflicted.  On one hand I agree with him, on the other I'd get a good laugh out of IW knocking Avatar down to #3.

TLJ likely would've done it if it wasn't a structural and tonal mess with highly questionable creative decisions.

but Avatar is #1

12 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I knew it.......

WOW