Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

To say JCS is reaching with his new sig, is a huge understatement, lol.

"Note: It's ridiculous that I've been banned for being an Alt-account, I only ever spoke about politics from a libertarian slant and certainly don't support the alt-right movement. Not that it even matters on a box office forum! Absolutely ridiculous reason to be banned!"

source.gif

• Haha 12

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Looks like he changed his username and profile pic

764897d1b8225408fe5a24cdfe0aa3cc.png

Lol

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well only yesterday I was fooled by 2 different account with same user? And Jumbo also had alt which was suspended. Pure Spirit is suspended . The many of have problems so I don't know and I don't think when I said some of guys are probably  FAKE .

Clown

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

To say JCS is reaching with his new sig, is a huge understatement, lol.

"Note: It's ridiculous that I've been banned for being an Alt-account, I only ever spoke about politics from a libertarian slant and certainly don't support the alt-right movement. Not that it even matters on a box office forum! Absolutely ridiculous reason to be banned!"

source.gif

Still keeping up with false bravado eh

yeah it's kind of hard to take people seriously when they are defending a known offender.  That's the only thing "de-legitimizing" any people in here. 

If actual fans are upset that people can't be sure who's real in here or not, then those fans need to be mad at JCS, his fake accounts and all the other people that did the fake accounts, not defend him.    He and other fake people caused the actual fakeness in here. 

So instead of embracing him and his lies, you would think the actual fans would be saying what he did was wrong and distancing themselves from him.  Otherwise, it does make it look like his defenders are fake too.

JCS and the others that made up fake accounts are at fault here, no one else, and definitely not the people that point out what he did was wrong.

so that's all I say about the fake people and back to the movie and this cool tribute that the official Avatar account did for Marvel

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, 75Live said:

yeah it's kind of hard to take people seriously when they are defending a known offender.  That's the only thing "de-legitimizing" any people in here. 

If actual fans are upset that people can't be sure who's real in here or not, then those fans need to be mad at JCS, his fake accounts and all the other people that did the fake accounts, not defend him.    He and other fake people caused the actual fakeness in here. 

So instead of embracing him and his lies, you would think the actual fans would be saying what he did was wrong and distancing themselves from him.  Otherwise, it does make it look like his defenders are fake too.

JCS and the others that made up fake accounts are at fault here, no one else, and definitely not the people that point out what he did was wrong.

so that's all I say about the fake people and back to the movie and this cool tribute that the official Avatar account did for Marvel

Not only that @NCSoft is saying that alt of JCS supported him and it is a good thing since you can't know that if that person was FAKE even after getting to know. Jumbo being a Jumbo praising that guy for being a Legend and for what: Trolling many guys. These are just sad bunch

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Not only that @NCSoft is saying that alt of JCS supported him and it is a good thing since you can't know that if that person was FAKE even after getting to know. Jumbo being a Jumbo praising that guy for being a Legend and for what: Trolling many guys. These are just sad bunch

Now now let's cut some of them some slack. We don't want NCSoft to feel more persecuted as it is.

I'm totally against an Avatar re-release, at least until Avatar 2 comes out

I'll lose some respect actually if they re-release it just to reclaim the title (pointless!) just like how I didn't like the rushed Endgame re-release

Like I said before, Avatar being #2 means that the bandwagoner haters who crapped on the movie all these years can finally loosen up a bit

Had it stayed at #1, people will be more hostile and more repelled from checking out Avatar 2

Obviously it's up to Disney and JC but IMO a double feature for A1/A2 in 2021 would be a better idea than a rushed A1 re-release this year or next year

The tribute posted by Jim and re-posted by John is nice, Tony Stark is now with Eywa, immortalized.

A quick list of #1's unadjusted world wide gross $$

Avengers Endgame: $2,790.2 M (2019)

Titanic: $2,187.5 M (1997)
Jurassic Park: $1,029.5 M (1993)
E.T.: $792.9 M (1982)
Star Wars: $775.4 M (1977)
Jaws: $470.7 M (1975)
The Exorcist: $441.3 M (1973)
Gone with the Wind: $402.4 M (1939) - a 34 year reign!!!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Royce said:

I'm totally against an Avatar re-release, at least until Avatar 2 comes out

I'll lose some respect actually if they re-release it just to reclaim the title (pointless!) just like how I didn't like the rushed Endgame re-release

Obviously it's up to Disney and JC but IMO a double feature for A1/A2 in 2021 would be a better idea than a rushed A1 re-release this year or next year

This. All of this. Re-release doesn't make sense a year before A2 even starts to market. But as a  part of marketing push in 2021, it totally does. 

However, I don't think it's necessary. A2 should still speak for itself.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Wow, those last few pages are an absolute travesty. As soon as Endgame overtook Avatar, people descended upon this thread like a rapid pack of dogs and the immensely disrespectful shitposting just would not stop. No worthwhile discussion to be found anywhere.

About the JCS scholar thing: I dont really care about if he had alt-accounts or not and I dont think its that important. As long as he has interesting thoughts to share and contributed to the discussion in a constructive way, which he definitely did, its fine by me.

Im glad this board has now shown its true colors. When I joined here, I had hoped this would be a place where more measured and fruitful discussion about movies can take place, but now I realize that this board is pretty much the same as any discussion board on the internet. It just seems to be that in openly and easily available discussion board, most of the active members just do not have enough knowledge about movies and art, or basic etiquette for that matter, for wortwhile discussion to take place. So I guess Im leaving here because this board isnt what Im looking for.

• Like 1