CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Finally saw it.

Wasn't that bad after all. Probably better than the previous three, don't remember much from them.

As I've always said, Pixar CAN write intelligent scripts. What they sorely need is original, exotic settings. Because animation, more than anything, is supposed to be great visually.

PS: So, it still doesn't deserve the 330m Dom it's getting. The 690m WW total - ehh, maybe, whatever. Most people here were saying the same number (600m+) for Domestic only anyway, lol.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

Finally saw it.

Wasn't that bad after all. Probably better than the previous three, don't remember much from them.

As I've always said, Pixar CAN write intelligent scripts. What they sorely need is original, exotic settings. Because animation, more than anything, is supposed to be great visually.

PS: So, it still doesn't deserve the 330m Dom it's getting. The 690m WW total - ehh, maybe, whatever. Most people here were saying the same number (600m+) for Domestic only anyway, lol.

Why you keep doing it? a bad childhood maybe? Open your heart and tell us what happened. It might help you find a pinch of happiness. 

400/1B seems way closer than your 330/690. 

4 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

This should cross a billion even if just barely, right?

I don't really know. Let me check on that Japan gross. I guess it has $50m left in that market? That would get it to $967. I guess it could get $33m from anywhere else.

so remember when TS4 was announced they said "We weren't gonna make 4 but then we had such a genius idea that we had to do it"

does anyone have any idea what they are referring to? Which part of the film is the genius idea?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, cannastop said:

I don't really know. Let me check on that Japan gross. I guess it has $50m left in that market? That would get it to $967. I guess it could get $33m from anywhere else.

50 from Japan, those 33 sure will come from dom only ... and there the leftovers from intl. and some small markets+¿Germany? yet to open what can add some 20-30 extra. 

So the 1B i'd say it's a done deal. What I wonder is if TS4 will surpass TS3 ww (1.066B). That's the big shot imo and i wish TS4 accomplishes it. 

@pepsa did extrapolate in OS thread. OS-J grossed 22m and is holiding great. With little competition ahead, that could add 40m more.  Japan another 50m. Domestic about 35m. New markets(Germany, scandinavia and few smaller markets) could add another 50m.

So I feel over TS3 is probable. what looks tough is 1.1B WW. Not impossible but tough.

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

@pepsa did extrapolate in OS thread. OS-J grossed 22m and is holiding great. With little competition ahead, that could add 40m more.  Japan another 50m. Domestic about 35m. New markets(Germany, scandinavia and few smaller markets) could add another 50m.

So I feel over TS3 is probable. what looks tough is 1.1B WW. Not impossible but tough.

New os markets probably wont make 50m , ts3 grossed 40m in the same os markets. Almost all remaning markets where in europe and europe is the one place where ts4 is doing worse than 3. So i would say 30m is a better guess.

Dom it will do more than 35m, its ahead of ts3 in daillys and ts3 did 35m from here. Also ts3 dropped 45% in its next weekend and ts4 will probably only slip 34ish %. I would guess 45m more dom now. Os-japan iw where it could get some crazy late legs.