Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

That's interesting, I'd say the reverse. Yes, of course don't go into crazy debt, but get your BA or BS in a broad category, and save the specialization for higher learning.

I'm probably biased since I got my undergrad in the oil and gas industry and it pays like crazy to be part of that field. I stumbled into it by accident though.

Oh, give me a break...That's plain stupid, leaving the theater for something like that. This is the kind of medium, and the genre where you DO stuff like that, because it's interesting. You have the opportunity to come up with this kind of stuff - it doesn't always work, but here it does.

It's not stupid, if people think it's in poor taste to take a real life tragic incident and make a mockery of it. Even Spider-Man one had the sense to take out the WTC scene in the first one.

Back from AMWTDITW and I actually had some fun with it, it was overly long an got a bit to muddled without much plot focus but it did make me laugh at many different points (although a lot of jokes missed).The plot also wasn't interesting, so while I did laugh some it got boring following the plot when compared to say Neighbors which had a good enough plot line to keep you into it even if the jokes were missing. To me it seemed like a rough draft, not a final product, if the script had been cleaned up some the movie could have been really great, instead it was decent.6/10, I didn't regret seeing it (except for the fact I was sitting on the outside of people I was going with, I usually sit in the middle, and a really loud, large girl with an annoying laugh sat next to me and it was really annoying for me, I may be over exaggerating it though simply because I was in a I hate people mood today), wouldn't see it again, but it was better than I was expecting.However it did feel like wasted potential.

• Like 1

Xmen franchise never reaching 300m domestic, no matter how good? I guess its just too geeky, its better than Spiderman franchise and on par with Marvel's best films

Posted Image

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

That's interesting, I'd say the reverse. Yes, of course don't go into crazy debt, but get your BA or BS in a broad category, and save the specialization for higher learning.

I think its a combination of getting a degree that requires a skill but not getting too specialized unless its in a booming growth sector...A good example is engineering/sciences...

Anyone who has a bachelor's in ME can get a job in any field practically because they are so much in demand but if you got a PhD in ME then available jobs become restrictive just because there aren't too many out there due to pay/need...

A specialized PhD in Biotechology is definitely worth it though since those folks get sucked up by Pharmaceutical companies like there's no tomorrow whereas a bachelors in Biotechology may get a job but after quite a bit of hunt and not much pay...

What was your undergrad field? 

Petroleum Land Management, part of the Business school at my college. Started out in MIS (Information Technology), but hated my first programming class and ended up in the counselor's office going down the list of other potential degrees. Stumbled into PLM and got lucky as hell that I genuinely enjoyed the classes and it has paid off for me in my career.

Fortunate to be doing something I actually learned in school and getting paid well to do it. Also very fortunate to have two great bosses that are very nice people and extremely smart. Trying to learn as much as possible from them before they retire.

So many others out there my age got screwed by the 2008 economic meltdown. A lot of them aren't even doing jobs that have anything to do with their degrees.

• Like 1

The American college system for tuition is so appalling. Completely fucked up system that will wreck the economy when so many of the youth are in enormous debt.

you need good education to make money.

you need money to get good education.

there's a gridlock.

• Like 1

The American college system for tuition is so appalling. Completely fucked up system that will wreck the economy when so many of the youth are in enormous debt.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I'm in college right now and my biggest problem isn't graduating, but paying my tuition.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Blended is sweet, funny and full of heart. Its kind of like Just Go With It African style but its definitely worth seeing. Really good flick.

It looks cute, but just not must see in the theater. This is something I'll catch on demand maybe.

I'm probably biased since I got my undergrad in the oil and gas industry and it pays like crazy to be part of that field. I stumbled into it by accident though.

Did you just a random major to get done in 4 years?

Petroleum Land Management, part of the Business school at my college. Started out in MIS (Information Technology), but hated my first programming class and ended up in the counselor's office going down the list of other potential degrees. Stumbled into PLM and got lucky as hell that I genuinely enjoyed the classes and it has paid off for me in my career.

Fortunate to be doing something I actually learned in school and getting paid well to do it. Also very fortunate to have two great bosses that are very nice people and extremely smart. Trying to learn as much as possible from them before they retire.

So many others out there my age got screwed by the 2008 economic meltdown. A lot of them aren't even doing jobs that have anything to do with their degrees.

Glad everything in your career is going well. Sadly I am working a job that does not require a college degree :( I hope soon I get in a position where I get to work more in line that I want to do. 

Edited by Jesus of Suburbia