Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

7 hours ago, manny1234 said:

I have a feeling this will be the highest grossing animated film of all time domestically and might win the summer.

5 hours ago, Morieris said:

tumblr_p27y4f_Ba_Vo1qhbttlo3_400.gif

I can see both of those, Highest Grossing Animated Film more so, but both of them nonetheless.

486M from Dory is the number. 

I can see it doing 400M, but don't know how much higher than that. What to say to almost reach 500M for the #1 animated movie ... and the #1 summer 2018.

I think JW2 will take the summer crown (550-600M), followed by Solo/Incredibles2 hand to hand (450-ish both, maybe a bit more for Solo, closer to 500M)

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Pixar has had some underwhelming marketing campaigns, but Inside Out and Finding Dory both had great marketing and look at how much better they did than any other recent Pixar effort. Dory was for other factors too obviously, but IO definitely owed its OW to the great marketing. TGD and Coco had underwhelming marketing and both had underwhelming OWs. Same goes for Brave, MU, and the Cars sequels to lesser extents. Ratatouille back in the day is another example of when Pixar dropped the ball on marketing and it affected the OW. Pixar doesn't need to rely on effective marketing as much as most studios, especially with sequels, but they definitely still need it. 

I think IO had one of the best ad slogans I have seen in recent years:

"Meet Those Little Voices Inside Your Head".

• Like 1

People forget that when the Incredibles opened back in 2004, it was considered a little bit of a disappointment because it did not do "Finding Nemo" numbers.

I think Incredibles 2 will do very well indeed, but I don't see "Biggest Grossing Animated Film Of All Time" in it's future.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Better trailer, but idk. Maybe it's a good thing the full plot is being kept under wraps?

Plot seems to be

”Corporate dude (likely the villain) wants to start superheroes back up, wants Elastigirl. Incredible stays home and learns to parent.  Villain comes out in the end that requires all of the supes to team up and take him out.  Ends on a moral about family and parenting”

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Plot seems to be

”Corporate dude (likely the villain) wants to start superheroes back up, wants Elastigirl. 

I want Elastigirl too. We can't all get what we want, sad to say,