Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

47 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I keep thinking of Black Swan, which made $107m with the exact same release pattern this is going to have (platform release the first week of December, wide expansion the weekend before Christmas... they both premiered in Venice too). Add glowing reviews, Oscar buzz, and likely great word-of-mouth, and I really think $100m is more likely than not. 

I thought the same thing as well. 

• Like 2

I'm not reading any reviews. I want to go into this not knowing every beat. I'm just reading the RT blurbs and the occasional tweet if it's poseted here.

I know enough about this movie already to know I'm gonna watch it. I like reading the praise, but that does not mean I want the whole movie spoiled.

21 minutes ago, RichWS said:

It continually boggles my mind how Variety and Hollywood Reporter's reviews are just recaps of the whole movie. 

I knew about that thankfully; just read the first paragraph of those two

More annoyed by Slashfilm's roundup of reviews that contains an excerpt from TheWrap that may or may not have spoiled the final scene... <_<

I like that the reviews aren't just positive but overwhelmingly positive so far. It's still 100% after 11 reviews on RT with a 9.3 rating. The last batch must have all been 10's, at 7 reviews it was 9.0, at 9 reviews it was 9.2 and at 11 reviews it's at 9.3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incarnadine said:

I like that the reviews aren't just positive but overwhelmingly positive so far. It's still 100% after 11 reviews on RT with a 9.3 rating. The last batch must have all been 10's, at 7 reviews it was 9.0, at 9 reviews it was 9.2 and at 11 reviews it's at 9.3.

You can see all the grades here.  Only 6 out of 11 have given the films grades, typical with early reviews that feature the trades heavily

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/la_la_land/reviews/