Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

Holy crap! This beat Harry Potters record WW Opening. I think with good legs this can make over a Billion over seas and over 600 million Domestic. We'll see tough competition coming soon. But if the WOM is as good as I think Possibly 2 billion?!? Idk.

• Like 1

Holy crap! This beat Harry Potters record WW Opening. I think with good legs this can make over a Billion over seas and over 600 million Domestic. We'll see tough competition coming soon. But if the WOM is as good as I think Possibly 2 billion?!? Idk.

It would need a 3+ multi from this opening considering it opened almost everywhere and most of the coutries where it opened to had a 5 day OW. Unless it has super-stellar WOM it won't happen. 

From BoxOffice.com's Global Report 

Behind a global tsunami of nostalgia, strong marketing, and Chris Pratt's rising star power, the dinosaurs of Universal's Jurassic World devoured an incredible $307.2 million this weekend overseas - the second highest international opening in history just behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($314 million) and the highest-grossing opening this year. It also crushed Universal's previous record holder Furious 7 which premiered in April with $250.4 million. Combined with NA's record breaking opening weekend, Jurassic World ruled the Earth with $511.8 million worldwide - the highest global bow in history.

Jurassic has opened in 66 territories since Wednesday and is the top film everywhere, snaring an average 70% market share around the world. Top grossing territories are China ($100.8M), U.K. and Ireland ($29.6M), Mexico ($16.2M), South Korea ($14.4M), France ($12.5M), Australia ($12.1M), Germany ($11M), Russia ($9.4M), Taiwan ($8M), India ($7.1M), Spain ($7M), Brazil ($6.3M), Malaysia ($5.7M), Italy ($5.3M), and the Philippines ($5.3M).  

Super-sized Indominus Rex was also a huge draw on international IMAX screens where Jurassic opened with a record-breaking weekend of $23.5 million from 443 screens - the previous best was $16.7 million for Transformers: Age of Extinction. 3D tickets also accounted for nearly half of the international haul.

Universal's Jurassic World co-financed by Legendary Pictures will open in its final territory Japan on August 5.

• Like 1

Calm down, it's huge but 2 billion? no, even 1,5 billion is not a lock at all (it's possible but it depends on next week hold), i think it will get decent legs so $1,5 will be done, but let's wait and see. For domestic I expect $550

With 307 million, let's say another 100-120 from China and 400 from the rest of the markets. If I am not wrong, it has been released everywhere excepting Japan(at least from main markets). Japan is always a wild card. Jurassic Park did $120m there, but it is better to be cautious with this country. It can drop like it did with Hobbit from LOTR. Let's say $50m from there. It would put the final OS gross about $850-880m. Adding maybe $550 from US we have $1.4-1.43 billion. Not bad  :ph34r:

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

With 307 million, let's say another 100-120 from China and 400 from the rest of the markets. If I am not wrong, it has been released everywhere excepting Japan(at least from main markets). Japan is always a wild card. Jurassic Park did $120m there, but it is better to be cautious with this country. It can drop like it did with Hobbit from LOTR. Let's say $50m from there. It would put the final OS gross about $850-880m. Adding maybe $550 from US we have $1.4-1.43 billion. Not bad  :ph34r:

Agreed. but I can't see more than 1.4B for this.