LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Sure it's a fair argument. If not that, then Captain America TWS actually doing better at the BO, both domestically, OS and WW, is all the indication I need that CA/Chris Evans is more of a favorite than Thor/Hemsworth.

That's ridiculous. Thor 2 had bad trailers and was shit. Cap 2 had great trailers and was really good. They opened to similar numbers, caps slightly higher OW can be put down to better marketing and earned more in the long haul through good WOM. It's has absolutely nothing to do with which star is a bigger draw, neither are draws.

• Like 4

American Sniper and Spielberg would have been a disastrous mismatch. 

I'll always wonder what his Interstellar would have been like, though.

The first third of Interstellar is essentially Spielberg, so more of that rather than the Nolanizing of Acts 2 and 3.

Also less Space Organ and more John Williams

Twitter IndexUpdated: Sun Jan 18 at 02:16PM PSTFilm# Tweets

1American Sniper 108,210

2Unfriended 27,640

3Big Hero 6 23,479

4The Theory of Everything 13,602

5Into the Woods 9,837

6Boyhood 9,736

7Selma 9,462

8Taken 3 7,596

Sniper is huge

Snipers are around 3 ft long so it's pretty big but I wouldn't say it's huge.

• Like 2

That's ridiculous. Thor 2 had bad trailers and was shit. Cap 2 had great trailers and was really good. They opened to similar numbers, caps slightly higher OW can be put down to better marketing and earned more in the long haul through good WOM. It's has absolutely nothing to do with which star is a bigger draw, neither are draws.

yes. Neither chris are draws. I dont think there are that many draws anyway. May be Leo at this point could sell any movie.

Sure it's a fair argument. If not that, then Captain America TWS actually doing better at the BO, both domestically, OS and WW, is all the indication I need that CA/Chris Evans is more of a favorite than Thor/Hemsworth. 

I agree with you overall, but still, your first point was an odd one.

I for one am thrilled at American Sniper box office. Sick of the critics and Oscah pundits trying to ordain certain movies over others.

But isn't American Sniper getting strong reviews and lots of Oscar attention? Maybe I was dreaming.

• Like 1

If a movie called American Sniper does NOT bring up heated, controversial discussion then this forum is truly worthless. No offense bud but you guys are very inconsistent when it comes toward derailments in threads. I know you just volunteer but lol compared to all of the other nonsense you guys tolerate in this subforum every other weekend.

He never said people can't debate it on this forum. They just don't want it IN THIS THREAD. Why is that so hard to understand? There's the actual AS thread, the real life and politics forums for people to debate it all they want.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen
  • Like 1

It is but Boyhood's been ordained by the Oscar pundits and whatnot as the front runner

The way aDIM said it he sounded like it was rejected by them, it's doing very well Oscar wise.

Boyhood isn't comparable box office wise, that was a summer indie release that was never going to be a big hit.

Apparently the evil sniper doppelganger in American Sniper was the 'berg's idea and it carried over to eastwood's movie. baaaad spielberg.

Either way, I would have to say

when Kyle got the SOB in the end, it got the biggest reaction out of the crowd, so it did it's job. Personally though, I'd like some more info on the Butcher, since I found him to be the real monster of the movie.

• Like 2