iceroll

Snowden | September 16, 2016 | Trailer on Page 6. Special screening at SDCC Thursday

I get a Keanu Reeve's vibe from JGL's Snowden voice which is somewhat close to the real thing.

Overall, I thought the trailer was great. Way better production values than I expected and also it's a political thriller accessible to the average person.

As a civil libertarian, I hope it does well critically and at the box office. I'm not sure what the bar of success is for this. I'm guessing if it opens over 15 m, the people behind it will be satisfied.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I get a Keanu Reeve's vibe from JGL's Snowden voice which is somewhat close to the real thing.

Overall, I thought the trailer was great. Way better production values than I expected and also it's a political thriller accessible to the average person.

As a civil libertarian, I hope it does well critically and at the box office. I'm not sure what the bar of success is for this. I'm guessing if it opens over 15 m, the people behind it will be satisfied.

A total similar to W. is probably the best case scenario. Too much competition and as much as I like JGL, he isn't a draw at all.

Poster looks good, but trailer is awful.

Why this cinematography lloks so cheesy? And those 'dive into cyberworld' sequences are just utterly horrible. I tought we've get rid of them 15 years ago. But first Cumberbatch movie and now this. SIgh.

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm really reminded of that bullshit julian assange movie with the 'batch from a couple years ago. that film was absolute dogshit. one of the worst biopics i think i've seen.

lol I totally forgot The Fifth Estate even existed until now.

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i didn't think jogolev had to put on a voice for this one. i actually laughed out loud when he started talking.

Does he think he's Tom Hardy or something? Between this and his accent in the Walk...

• Like 3

This movie is one of those rare movies this decade...

You know the type.  One rarely seen anymore, not since 2011.  Like the Bigfoot, or a good Tyler Perry movie (ok fine that didn't exist before 2011 either).

This is that type of movie...that involves Nicolas Cage...and gets a theatrical release.

I think.  Ok there was that Christian movie.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1