babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

7 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Warner Bros is on fire this year

Gonna be a hilarious if that Popular Movie Oscar category has just one Disney movie (Black Panther) in it when it was clearly added just so that their movies could get nominated for something "major."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I feel like this making more than Venom in total is becoming more likely by the day, especially when everyone's dubious of the latter's quality.

I'm sure it will. It will lose Friday and maybe Saturday but starting Sunday it will be ahead of Venom and outgross it 

Movie gods....itd be real nice if this could outgross or even outopen Venom. 

It's about time for a comic book movie to flop again. I mean, how long has it been? I guess you could count Justice League but even that made over 200 mil. I'm talking total bombage.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Gonna be a hilarious if that Popular Movie Oscar category has just one Disney movie (Black Panther) in it when it was clearly added just so that their movies could get nominated for something "major."

cra, fallout, star is born, black panther and ?? meg??

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don't think this will come anywhere close to Venom's OW, unless the latter is Fant4stic level trash, but more realistically I don't expect it to catch up to it in dailies until second weekend. 

You'll probably be right, but it's not like a character like Venom is guaranteed a 60mil+ opening, and with the right buzz A Star is Born could break 50 mil OW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

You'll probably be right, but it's not like a character like Venom is guaranteed a 60mil+ opening, and with the right buzz A Star is Born could break 50 mil OW. 

$50m might be tricky but I think $35-40m, maybe even $45m is doable. 

12 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Wow, that Bradley Cooper delivered when all the odds were stacked against him makes this all the more impressive. 

All odds? 

It's a re-make that's already been filmed 3 times -  two of them are all time great films and the other is er O.K. (and a huge B.O. hit).  This is rock solid gold standard material that's already worked over five decades of films (not even counting The Artist which takes a spin on it) - it's hard to really  screw up.

It's impressive though that it sounds like he hit it out of the park. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

This looks well made but I still refuse to believe no one looked at Lady Gaga's character or hear her sing and not help her or fall in love with her before Bradley Cooper shows up 

As opposed to Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand? :lol:

Sadly though there are many super talented people who never get their big break or even a small one.

• Like 1