kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

38 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Which is why she didnt tell him. She dated him because of the attack, they say, she heard the rumors of Jurassic Park and sought him out while he was still in the hospital in costa rica recovering. Thats how they meet (its in the movie). So actually I fully 100% believe she would do whatever it takes to get to that island. As she says in the movie to Ian, you wouldn't have let me go. 

You can not like the film thats fine, but your making it seem like this flaw in TLW (which it isn't a flaw, its something you don't agree with, thats fine, but its true to there characters) is worse than everything in JP3. This is a really odd thing to not be forgiving about when your defending talking raptors. 

She's such a shitty character - she should have been eaten after a long drawn out mauling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

She dated him because of the attack, they say, she heard the rumors of Jurassic Park and sought him out while he was still in the hospital in costa rica recovering. Thats how they meet (its in the movie). So actually I fully 100% believe she would do whatever it takes to get to that island. As she says in the movie to Ian, you wouldn't have let me go. 

You can not like the film thats fine, but your making it seem leak this flaw in TLW is worse than everything in JP3. This is a really odd thing to not be forgiving about when your defending talking raptors. 

That doesn't change the fact that makes the character very unlikable - if anything it only makes her worse imo -  and no, it's not the worst thing in LW or as bad as some of the stuff in 3 (the ending in JP3 is still some bullshit for example) BUT I feel it's symptomatic of LW's greater failing to me: I can't root for anyone because they're either all stupid, unlikable or annoying. JP1 had several characters I could root for. JP3 at least had Alan Grant, plus it knew what it was and got to the point. Jurassic World has ONE absolutely detestable character that I silently prayed would be dino food by the end of the of the movie (and wasn't :badday:) but everyone else were fine if a bit thin. Lost World has none of that, and it lingers and becomes dull on top of that.

Therefore fuck Lost World.

Edited by cookie

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Main reason the first one went over that big was it gave people a chance to see something they had really wanted to see since the first film. A Jurraisic Park in full operating mode.

This film does not have a  hook like that, and I find basic plot less then convincing. One big plotholel

Reveal hidden contents

It will do well but it won't come near JW.Cmasterclays figures seem to me to be likely.

They can't grow new ones. They are broke.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

She's such a shitty character - she should have been eaten after a long drawn out mauling.

The only likable character who remains likable in the whole franchise is Dr. Alan Grant. 

The rest ranked from maybe tolerable to downright shitty. 

Even Goldblum lost that charm in that mediocre sequel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

The only likable character who remains likable in the whole franchise is Dr. Alan Grant. 

The rest ranked from maybe tolerable to downright shitty. 

Even Goldblum lost that charm in that mediocre sequel.

Wrong, the T-Rex from the first movie has remained likeable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Oh, so the volcano thing is actually a major plot point of the next one. I though @CoolioD1 was joking when he mentioned that yesterday.

Huh. That sounds... huh.

i was! lol i hadn't actually read the plot of this. Still, great minds! Voldino! The coast is toast!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

e8a87b8597f5c424f43ac8ca4559ac2843b20710

This is the exact reason JP3 is awful (that animatronic is DOPE as FUCK). You know the very very next cut/edit just 1 frame later is a loud comedic jump cut to a over load 1920's slap sound effect and shows Kirby falling backwards. 

Look the dinosaur roar turns into a slap sound. Its funny, kids will love it right?

Side story. Watched JP3 opening day at 8 years old. It was the first memory I have walking out of a theater disappointed. 8 year old me was was super let down and have since then wanted to burn this movie. but I've still seen it like 30 times or more probably so....  yeah hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

. 8 year old me was was super let down and have since then wanted to burn this movie. but I've still seen it like 30 times or more probably so....  yeah hahaha

So in other words, you've let your eight-year-old self down and sold out to the man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

ummmm JP3 starts with a fucking parasailing accident for gods sake. They get attacked by nothing, because no dinosaurs could have got them. Then a kid stays alive on a island for 8 weeks alone and gathers T-rex pee

5 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This is a really odd thing to not be forgiving about when your defending talking raptors

You keep talking about these things like they aren't really awesome moments in a glorious B movie. 

• Like 3