kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Had big complains about the movie in the last 20 odd minutes.

Spoiler

Mostly after Indoraptor escapes. Blue vs Indo was drawn out. There was not going to be any casuality with the main characters and the apparaetnly genius Indo repeatedly failing to get them was laughable.

Instead of pointing the laser at Owen would have been fun if Claire had pointed the laser at the T-rex and forced Indo to fight it. Then Blue could have intervened to tilt the scales again. Similar to first film but in a cheeky way.

Feel like they left tying all the threads and setting up a sequel right till the end and crammed things in haste. With better wom 450 dom and 1375-1400 ww were both on cards, but 417+ dom and 1305+ ww is very pleasing.

so FK loses 371M WW on JW and TLJ loses 736M on TFA. well, damn, no one can convince me that LF/Mouse expected such a drop or thought that was a good drop coming from 2B predecessor. Nope. If FK could make 1.3B off 1.6B JW, than TLJ was certainly expected to make more than 1.3B off 2b TFA. Sorry to beat the dead horse but defense of TLJ's boxoffice drop never made any sense to me. It's a staggering drop.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, Valonqar said:

so FK loses 371M WW on JW and TLJ loses 736M on TFA. well, damn, no one can convince me that LF/Mouse expected such a drop or thought that was a good drop coming from 2B predecessor. Nope. If FK could make 1.3B off 1.6B JW, than TLJ was certainly expected to make more than 1.3B off 2b TFA. Sorry to beat the dead horse but defense of TLJ's boxoffice drop never made any sense to me. It's a staggering drop.

Movies like Avengers and JW can keep the brand going strong overseas while SW brand is on the decline overseas.

42 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Yup, the franchise is officially in Transformers-esque 'it can be total garbage and OS will still be great' territory. It's a sweet deal.

But 1) it isnt nearly as bad quality-wise as Transformers and b) DOM is still great :)

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, Valonqar said:

I like Disney's Star Wars movies and I know that the film should have done better overseas at least. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 100% proves that. 

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Yup, the franchise is officially in Transformers-esque 'it can be total garbage and OS will still be great' territory. It's a sweet deal.

Jurassic Park ain’t no ”Transformers”, though. It didn’t have a fifthquel that underperformed so much that it almost put a halt to make any more sequels. If a sequel is still profitable even in their fifth outing, a sixth one is inevitable. Pirates got as long as movie 5. 

In fact, you hated the last one....so no wonder why you’re ready to hate JW3 when that comes out in 2021.

Kinda see it being more ”Fast and the Furious”, in terms of longevity.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

33 minutes ago, Ithil said:

I will say one thing, rote screenplay and the general cartoonish nature of everything in the film aside, Bayona directed the shit out of it. Did the best job he could with the material he was given. Give him more work.

Completely agree. Its the most well-directed JP sequel imo. Just from a visual standpoint, one of the best blockbusters in recent years. But The Orphanage and a Monster Calls were also stunning to look at. Dude is really talented.

This franchise is funny.

Everybody puts the first movie on such a pedestal that the discussion coming afterwards is how the rest of the movies are 50 shades level of bad.

Like yeah, the first movie was so clever and intelligent in the first place.

Sure.

Edited by The Futurist

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Like yeah, the first movie was so clever and intelligent in the first place.

Sure.

First movie praise is more about the execution like the exposition being all time great, the score, the incredible blocking and camera work, yes some clever affair like at the beginning in the helicopter when the professor has 2 female connector of the seat belts and find away to make it work.

Movie are not great for being clever and intelligent, who of all people that have Jurassic World 2 has is favorite 2018 summer movie of all people know that very well. Or in the same way the Beethoven fifth is so clever and intelligent.