kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

It's so fun. I can understand the negativity though, it's really brain dead. A lot of the events, characters, and decisions are things I don't think even the Fast and Furious movies would stoop to.

Maybe universal was inspired by the f&f success and thought of combining its two more succesfull franchises.

7 fresh reviews added and pushes the score from 65% to 70%

65%
Average Rating: 6.3/10
Reviews Counted: 43
Fresh: 28

Rotten: 15

70%
Average Rating: 6.5/10
Reviews Counted: 50
Fresh: 35
Rotten: 15

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, AJG said:

It's so fun. I can understand the negativity though, it's really brain dead. A lot of the events, characters, and decisions are things I don't think even the Fast and Furious movies would stoop to.

You're getting me hyped brother

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AJG said:

This is everything I ever wanted it to be :ohmygod: 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Okay, now I’m actually starting to look forward to this. :Venom:

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Sound really a good first step toward universal merging the 2 franchise together, maybe have Diesel with some dinosaur's fight Johnson with is own team of dinosaurs, Do they own The Voice too ? It is on NBC just saying.... probably something to do with those 3 combined.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Sound really a good first step toward universal merging the 2 franchise together, maybe have Diesel with some dinosaur's fight Johnson with is own team of dinosaurs, Do they own The Voice too ? It is on NBC just saying.... probably something to do with those 3 combined.

A billion in China guaranteed.

Let’s get to it. 

I enjoyed the first JW, I can fully understand why people could hate it though. This new film is a full on Jurassic World sequel, don’t go in expecting something more in line with the original movie. If you don’t like the stupidity of JW then you won’t like this one, I’ll also say this: the stupidity of the events and the characters in this movie are way more in-your-face than JW.

The movie, however, is pretty non-stop. Fantastic pacing, great set pieces, and it’s quite scary. It’s a fun film. A fun movie. A good time at the cinema.

Now lets get on to the bullshit. This movie is so fucking stupid. It is so dumb. The villain characters are something straight out of a cartoon. We have a corporate bad guy, but he just can’t have an evil plan to make money, he has to straight up be insanely wicked and cruel. The other villain doesn’t even actually have to be a bad guy, there’s really not much of a reason for him to be, so they give him the “evil” southern accent and make him unnecessarily cruel to animals. 

The reason why our two heroes return to the island is pulled straight from the writers arse, and could be accomplished without them actually going to the island. The villains plan is baffling, and worst part is I honestly wouldn’t have had that much of a problem with it if it wasn’t for how easy it inevitably falls to shit. The ending of this movie is so... strange. It wants you to feel a particular way, but the logic and implications of what has just transpired won’t let me do it. 

Its a B though. I’d watch it again AND buy the BluRay.

Also Jeff Goldblum’s whole role is in the trailers, they should’ve kept it secret, it’s basically a cameo. That ain’t spoilers, Goldblum said this months ago, he was telling the truth.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Just saw the film and it's a lot to take in as a JP fan. It's too emotional and dark for a JP movie although the visuals and cinematography are stunning and back to form for the franchise after CGI overkill in the fourth movie. Would've been better if the new characters had shades of grey instead of being just good or pure evil. Anyway I loved the movie and I'm seeing it again in IMAX laser 3D tomorrow! 😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJG said:

Let’s get to it. 

I enjoyed the first JW, I can fully understand why people could hate it though. This new film is a full on Jurassic World sequel, don’t go in expecting something more in line with the original movie. If you don’t like the stupidity of JW then you won’t like this one, I’ll also say this: the stupidity of the events and the characters in this movie are way more in-your-face than JW.

The movie, however, is pretty non-stop. Fantastic pacing, great set pieces, and it’s quite scary. It’s a fun film. A fun movie. A good time at the cinema.

Now lets get on to the bullshit. This movie is so fucking stupid. It is so dumb. The villain characters are something straight out of a cartoon. We have a corporate bad guy, but he just can’t have an evil plan to make money, he has to straight up be insanely wicked and cruel. The other villain doesn’t even actually have to be a bad guy, there’s really not much of a reason for him to be, so they give him the “evil” southern accent and make him unnecessarily cruel to animals. 

The reason why our two heroes return to the island is pulled straight from the writers arse, and could be accomplished without them actually going to the island. The villains plan is baffling, and worst part is I honestly wouldn’t have had that much of a problem with it if it wasn’t for how easy it inevitably falls to shit. The ending of this movie is so... strange. It wants you to feel a particular way, but the logic and implications of what has just transpired won’t let me do it. 

Its a B though. I’d watch it again AND buy the BluRay.

Also Jeff Goldblum’s whole role is in the trailers, they should’ve kept it secret, it’s basically a cameo. That ain’t spoilers, Goldblum said this months ago, he was telling the truth.

I am sorry but this doesn’t sound good at all. Sounds like Batman vs. Superman for some reason (for example what you write about the villains and to be honest it even looks like BvS in terms of aesthetics from the trailers). Watching it next Tuesday anyway, so they will get my money but thanks for the heads up and saving me some disappointment.

Edited by Thrylos 7

14 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I am sorry but this doesn’t sound good at all. Sounds like Batman vs. Superman for some reason (for example what you write about the villains and to be honest it even looks like BvS in terms of aesthetics from the trailers). Watching it next Tuesday anyway, so they will get my money but thanks for the heads up and saving me some disappointment.

No. BVS is stupid without without the knowledge that it’s stupid. JW2 knows what the deal is, and thats what makes it work.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 3

Just got back from watching this. As a life long fan of Jurassic Park, someone who’s first memory of watching a film in the cinema was the original film in 1993 and had fun with Jurassic World, I’m sorry to say that this was a bad film. It had none of the sense of wonder that the original had, characters that were paper thin caricatures (I like Pratt and Howard, but they weren’t given much to work with here, and Jeff Goldblum, as much as he’s a national treasure, felt like he was reading off of cue cards). The story was weak and nonsensical with characters doing and saying totally stupid things, and the ending was just one big set up for a sequel (with one of the most face palm worthy moments in film). It’s a by the numbers franchise extension with no heart, and it’s mind set firmly on milking money out of fans who still have nostalgia for the original.

I’d genuinely rather watch Jurassic Park 3 again before watching this ever again, it felt like a SyFy version of Jurassic Park.

China will go nuts for it though, it’s brainless, mind numbing action so they’ll probably eat it up like a Transformers/Fast & Furious sequel...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, AJG said:

Dont care. I just want to see what happens here WHEN this film goes rotten.

Do you still want it to get rotten after really enjoying the movie?

I enjoyed your mini-review by the way, can't wait to watch it in a couple of weeks.