kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

14 hours ago, Chewy said:

The whole internet gonna shit on this thing for 3 weeks before it comes out in the US and I'm not sure it'll matter

Well, Jurassic World was a shit movie and that still made a ton of money so I have no doubt Fallen Kingdom will do the same. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, GirafficPark said:

Yeah, and F&F and Transformers did what now?  Warcraft, Great wall etc? Sure china might like some good movies, but holy hell they love the garbage.

RPO did well because its what they want, it just happens not to be a bad movie. Sure it proves that appealing to china doesnt have to mean making crap, but making crap is a lot easier and still makes the money.

Judging by TFA grosses if there’s a market that loves trash , it’s the u.s.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I can't  imagine having more than three sentences worth of opinion about this one. First half was boring but it won me over with the second half which was pretty fun.

That's really it, I've desperately tried to say something about what I thought in this thread but I *just* cannot come up with anything substantial. Literally the only thing about the movie I can say to respond to what you said is I thought the exact opposite, I found the first half schlocky fun and the second half schlocky boring lol.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Audiences love safe samey child friendly franchises, hence Marvel number whatever making two billion dollaz

What highly successful, yet mature franchise that constantly reinvents itself do you prefer?

Oh that's right. No such franchise exist.

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What highly successful, yet mature franchise that constantly reinvents itself do you prefer?

Oh that's right. No such franchise exist.

Why would want have to like or care about franchise ?

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why would one expect Hollywood to avoid franchises and only do risky one shots and niche oscar bait?

No one expect Hollywood to avoid franchise ? The person you quoted was even saying that people love those, why would one expect Hollywood or McDonald to avoid what people like (or find convenient and easy enough to rapidly consume) ?

Edited by Barnack

34 minutes ago, Barnack said:

No one expect Hollywood to avoid franchise ? The person you quoted was even saying that people love those, why would one expect Hollywood or McDonald to avoid what people like (or find convenient and easy enough to rapidly consume) ?

As a franchise, there's nothing wrong with Marvel.

That was my initial point.

A mature and highly successful  franchise that constantly reinvents itself simply does not exists.

And McDonald's is poor comparison. MCU is a hit with critics too.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-12 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

15.13%

Total Seats Sold Today:      45

.1958x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 13 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5092x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 13 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5613x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  13 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.4559x as many tickets sold as Solo 13 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

The RT Score is perilously close to the rotten line right now:

TOMATOMETER 

62%
Average Rating: 6.2/10
Reviews Counted: 85
Fresh: 53
Rotten: 32

Top Critics is at an identical 62%, with a very slightly higher 6.4/10 at the moment.

Very likely to go rotten when more reviews come in.  Not guaranteed to keep dropping though, as Solo showed.

• Like 1

Saw it two days ago, and it's really bad. :(  I hate the direction they made with Jurassic World franchise, but JW was at least very fast paced, mindless entertainment. This one is as stupid as its predecessor, but too long, not entertaining enough and adds too many bullshit to the original (all things with Lockwood). Same situation as with the last Bourne film. The last 3 minutes showed me that the only purpose of this unnecessary sequel it to set-up another unnecessary sequel. Sad. Universal should let this franchise go with dignity, unfortunately JW made a lot of money.

3/10

All JP films ranked by me:

https://letterboxd.com/juby_/list/jurassic-park/

https://letterboxd.com/juby_/list/jurassic-park/detail/

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Jeez, is this movie suddenly getting more haters....just to wish it underperforming as expected?

No. The film is extremely dumb and definetly wont be liked by everyone. That comes from someone who loved the hell out of it. Its like a 90s action blockbuster that isnt made for people that are critics or expect a good script.

I will see the film 5 times in theaters and will watch it 100+ times when it comes out on Blu-Ray, but im realistic. Its (mostly) brainless entertainment and i can understand anyone who would think its lacking in many aspects. That doesnt mean these people are haters.

• Like 1

Just saw the movie, don't know what to think about it yet... I do think I like it. But I have to admit that lately most blockbusters disappoint me, they just don't entertain me anymore like they used to. Maybe I'm getting old, and should finally try arthouse *shrugs*.

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

No. The film is extremely dumb and definetly wont be liked by everyone. That comes from someone who loved the hell out of it. Its like a 90s action blockbuster that isnt made for people that are critics or expect a good script.

I will see the film 5 times in theaters and will watch it 100+ times when it comes out on Blu-Ray, but im realistic. Its (mostly) brainless entertainment and i can understand anyone who would think its lacking in many aspects. That doesnt mean these people are haters.

Love your enthusiasm for it. Really do. 

If I could only let go of the Spielberg films I’d be ok with much of the idiocy on display in this movie. But the fact is that what’s bad in it just shouldn’t be bad. I can’t understand why the writing is so sub-standard when everyone else on the production brings their A-game. It’s unforgivable really. 

25 years ago JP changed everything. Not just visual effects, but the quality of the film. It’s literally the definition of a great summer blockbuster. It’s shadow this film can’t shake for me.  

I cant say I didn’t kind of enjoy it though. What’s good in it is well worth the ticket price. It just should be so much better. 

I think those hating on it feel it’s a kind of insult to Jurassic Park - which I sort of get as I felt that same pain in the execution of a lot of this. Taken on its own though it’s a fun ride - no question. 

• Like 2