kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

As I argued before, a lack of a loyal huge fanbase does mean an audience drop from JW can be much larger then fanboy films like Star Wars or Avengers though. I think it will depend on how buzz on the film is by the time of release. 

The Marvel base is super buzzed too so I don't think it's doing below CW domestically either and it seems Infinity War will be a pretty huge event for comic book films, so I don't think General Audiences will ignore it either.

Its gonna be a fun battle! 

It can drop below CW. Marvel fan base is becoming more passionate. I think GA fan base is shrinking.  I am to sure if it will but I think there is a good shot. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking it rakes in somewhere around $475M DOM. But, if well liked, $500M+ is possible. Very crowded summer this year. Avengers, Solo, Deadpool 2 and Incredibles 2 should all do huge money. Could drain the GA a bit. Then, Ant-Man and Wasp comes soon after as well. By the way, where in the hell are the Solo and Deadpool teasers? Did I miss them? Or, did they simply not debut yet? 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

14 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

It can drop below CW. Marvel fan base is becoming more passionate. I think GA fan base is shrinking.  I am to sure if it will but I think there is a good shot. 

Anything's possible but I just don't see that. I think it will have to be pretty poorly received to dip below CW. Right now, I'm thinking Infinity War goes over Ultron but stays under $500M... Something like $475M DOM. Actually expect pretty much the same for Fallen Kingdom. And, in both cases, if either's very well received then $500M+ DOM is possible.

Incredibles 2 could potentially gross somewhere in that ballpark as well. Should be a hell of a race this summer. And, Disney with Avengers, Solo, Incredibles and Ant-Man. Holy fuck. Gonna be reaping in dough all summer long.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm thinking it rakes in somewhere around $475M DOM. But, if well liked, $500M+ is possible. Very crowded summer this year. Avengers, Solo, Deadpool 2 and Incredibles 2 should all do huge money. Could drain the GA a bit. Then, Ant-Man and Wasp comes soon after as well. By the way, where in the hell are the Solo and Deadpool teasers? Did I miss them? Or, did they simply not debut yet? 

Solo doesnt have promotion yet, likely because Disney wants to wait till after the release of TLJ.

20 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

The buzz for IW due to the trailer has changed the game imo and if there was any sign of depressed interest in the Avengers Brand a rather so-so reaction to the trailer would be one (like JL and etc). 

Trailer views don't equal box office but they do usually mean a ton of interest. 

IT, Jurassic World, Fast 7, Thor 3...

It could do below 400 million but I think since last Thursday, the odds have gone down on that a lot. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Just saw the trailer. It didn't really wow me as much as it gave me exactly what I thought I'd see. Emphasis on T-Rexy stomping on a smaller carnivore to save our hero by happenstance. 

My WOW was accounted for when JW came out last year. While that had some new stuff, it had plenty of throwback visuals but all updated and 'in-universe' with the JP films. This, at present, just feels a bit more of the same but I'm waiting to be wowed by follow-up trailers. 

I've no doubt I'll still go. It'd Dinos, Pratt and Goldblum so yeah, I'm most likely there.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Infinity War is going to be pushing 600M. This will be lucky to stay over 450M.

No reason son for IW to reach that high. It will appeal to the people that watched the 7-8 previous films but not necessarily others. That's why a 200m opening will happen but likely poor legs  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I will say, the battle for the summer crown 2018 will be the most interesting in years. The potential for incredibly huge numbers and incredibly huge meltdowns is certainly there.

Both films will do anywhere from 800-1 billion overseas too. 

• Like 1