kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This has a very talented and proven director.

A Monster Calls 87%

The Impossible 81%

The Orphanage 87%

That's a pretty fantastic track record quality wise. He hasn't directed anything else.

A Monster Calls is a heartbreaking film.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Is it just me or is blockbuster filmmaking at an all-time low atm? How many good/interesting blockbusters have there been in the last 5 years or so? Like 5, maybe? TA 1, The Lone Ranger, Godzilla, Interstellar and Fury Road...

If we go the Avenger low as the bar, Django Unchained, Dark Knight Rises, Cloud Atlas, Life of Pi, Wolf of Wall street, Gravity, Guardian of the Galaxy, Edge of Tomorrow, X-men days of future past, American Sniper, Apes trilogy, Force Awaken, The Martian, Ted, Cinderella, Mission Impossible, Tomorrowland, Deadpool, Zootopia, Moana, La la land, many other animated movies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Is it just me or is blockbuster filmmaking at an all-time low atm? How many good/interesting blockbusters have there been in the last 5 years or so? Like 5, maybe? TA 1, The Lone Ranger, Godzilla, Interstellar and Fury Road...

the hunger games, catching fire, mockingjay part 1, mockingjay part 2

tumblr_mm466j09ya1r9pt1so4_r1_250.gif

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

honestly, just own your opinions no matter how shit others might find it to be.  people who agree with the popular consensus all the time are boring anyway.

Definitely. It wasn't a slight at all. I admire it even if I don't understand or agree with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

honestly, just own your opinions no matter how shit others might find it to be.  people who agree with the popular consensus all the time are boring anyway.

People who disagree with the popular consensus all the time are boring anyway too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There was a long stretch of a few weeks where I agreed with Baumer’s opinions on Geostorm, Suburbicon, and MOTOE being good and Thor Ragnarok being bad :kitschjob:

I agree with Baumer on Thor Ragnarok being laugh free and pretty boring. About as boring as Murder on the Orient Express.

But let’s not derail the thread. 

6 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

People who disagree with the popular consensus all the time are boring anyway too.

in what way?  anyone straying from what's considered the popular consensus allows other people to consider what they found to be bad in a film that you thought was good, or vice versa.  if everyone was in perfect harmony regarding the quality of a film, then film discussion would be pointless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

in what way?  anyone straying from what's considered the popular consensus allows other people to consider what they found to be bad in a film that you thought was good, or vice versa.  if everyone was in perfect harmony regarding the quality of a film, then film discussion would be pointless.

Constantly disliking anything commercial or mainstream is rather tedious I found in reality.

Not saying you are, just people in general who are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

First, there is nothing intelligent in ALWAYS standing against the popular opinion. Without a well-founded thinking of why you position yourself this way in a particular case, it just seems like a childish tantrum. It's just boring and annoying.

Second, there are about five, six people here who are practically always against the popular opinion. And I tell you, the arguments that these people use would not make anyone 'consider what they found to be bad in a film that you thought was good, or vice versa''. It's just the same bad comments ''It's boring'', ''trash, garbage'', ''mediocre'', ''soulless'', ''CGI fest'', etc. OR ''movie X is way better than movie Y''. 

Third, if the person who is '' straying from what's Considered the popular consensus Allows other people to consider What They found to be bad in the film That You thought was good, or vice versa, '' why can't this person also change an opinion following what the ''popular consensus'' is saying? I've never seen this happening. Do they think they have a ''better'' opinion? Are they too closed-minded? I think I know the answer.

• Like 1