K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

There are so many factors when you look at admissions.

1) 2d vs premium format vs real 3d vs imax tickets

2) Adult vs Children tickets

3) Discount tickets( before noon)

4) where were the tickets sold. NYC 2d is $15 and 3d imax is $25 while a smaller city will have tickets  very cheap.

Since we will never know all this as studios dont publish this information, its pure speculation and waste of time. i still believe TDK sold more tickets than TA but that is just my belief. Probably SM3 sold more tickets than TDK.

• Like 2

Who are the highest predictors in Baumer's game? I put 290 M. lol

I saw a few over 350 Neo was one of them. And then and few above 300. But most of us were between 220 and 290. Except Michael Gary Scott had 190.

• Like 1

6TH UPDATE, Sunday, first post 7:20AM: Refresh for updates The opening weekend for Universal’s Jurassic World is being called at $204.59M, making the fourth dinosaur-run-amok theme park film the second biggest bow at the domestic B.O. of all-time, overtaking Disney’s Marvel Avengers: Age of Ultron‘s ($191.27M) and sitting right under the all-time opening champ Avengers which zapped $207.4M back in May 2012. But get this: Some B.O. pundits say that by the time Sunday is called, JW could actually rip Avengers‘ leotards off and become the reigning all-time U.S. opener stateside. This sends Universal from its third place spot on the 2015 domestic marketshare all the way to No. 1 past the $1B mark; the fastest for any major studio to hit that point this year. As more receipts solidified this AM, it turns out Saturday was even bigger than expected with $69.7M-70.8M per insider B.O. tracking reports. The anticipation Sunday is that JW will post a slip of -25%, giving it a Sunday well north of $50M.

Basically DeadLine saying we havn't got a clue what Sunday is going to be really.

• Like 4

No, we can't get accurate enough admissions go determine which movie has the real OW record. But we can easily figure out that DH2 and AOU were nowhere near being the real #1 and #2 at the time of release, respectively. It's a perspective check, not a replacement for gross.

Even as the studio who doesn't fudge, Universal isn't lettin' this record go. They probably already know it's theirs and simply want a 2nd round of publicity tomorrow when when actuals have it breaking the record.

• Like 1

I havent seen it but I don't think it can be worse. However, considering how much some people here hype it, I'm pretty sure it won't meet my sky high expectations. That, and I don't really like Pratt.  :lol:

I enjoyed it more than Avengers, for what it's worth. I dig that Pratt guy, it's the first time i've seen him in anything. He has that likeability about him. Having said that, the movie is pretty much your standard summer fair. Nothing really that stays with you.